Bass

Participant count
  • Participants list

Flabum

CarAudio.com Newbie
OK, so new to system building. Stupid question of the month..... I sit on my balcony and hear vehicles three blocks away; super bass... do they actually hear it in the vehicle? I mean, with my home system I have tried different subs till I found one I can hear sitting on my couch rather than sitting on the throne..... are these guy burning up their alternators just so I can hear them 3 blocks away and not hearing it themselves?

OK, so new to system building. Stupid question of the month..... I sit on my balcony and hear vehicles three blocks away; super bass... do they actually hear it in the vehicle? I mean, with my home system I have tried different subs till I found one I can hear sitting on my couch rather than sitting on the throne..... are these guy burning up their alternators just so I can hear them 3 blocks away and not hearing it themselves?

What you mean not hearing it? 3k watts in a midsize sedan is noticable.

What you mean not hearing it? 3k watts in a midsize sedan is noticeable.

Well, I had a 12 " sub in my small apt and could not appreciate it on a couch 8 feet away, but could hear it clearly in my kitchen and in the hallway.
went down to an 8" and got better results.

Just trying to understand how and what size subs would be right for certain size vehicles without sacrificing sound quality and making it audible just in the vehicle.

I mean, whats the point hearing outside the car unless you want to flaunt it?

I know my neighbors certainly don't want to hear my bass on the fifth floor.

I can understand sound competitions where quality counts outside the vehicle, but all of my driving is inside the car.

WTF.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.