bass to much for my fuel pump?

Participant count
  • Participant list

shauncox26

CarAudio.com Elite
oxford ms
hey guys got a big problem here. let me start off by saying i have a 98 accord. i have had a fair number of subs in this car. none as powerful as the HDD i run now. but since putting the HDD in i have went thru two fuel pumps. 1 new and the og pump. last time i replaced the fuel pump she ran good for about 2-3 months no it's doing the same ****. only happens at cruising speeds i lose power fir a couple secs then a surge as ny car try to pick back up to speed. it really is annoying. have any of u experienced something like this? any help or input is greatly appreciated.

hey guys got a big problem here. let me start off by saying i have a 98 accord. i have had a fair number of subs in this car. none as powerful as the HDD i run now. but since putting the HDD in i have went thru two fuel pumps. 1 new and the og pump. last time i replaced the fuel pump she ran good for about 2-3 months no it's doing the same ****. only happens at cruising speeds i lose power fir a couple secs then a surge as ny car try to pick back up to speed. it really is annoying. have any of u experienced something like this? any help or input is greatly appreciated.
Just saw a thread the other day on here with them same issue, except the pump was temp shutting off. It was suggested that you dampen around the fuel pump to cut vibration down.

ill try that. but there isn't much to dampen around it. anyone have a couple sheets of something like vibra flex, or something thick like kno knoise kolossus laying around?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.