Bass reflections in car, sounds great at the windshield!!

D_Nyholm

I noticed in my 1991 Acura Legend (sedan) that the bass coming from my subs sounds nice and deep, clear, and powerful when I put my head up toward the steering wheel/windshield. Unfortunately, it isn't very comfortable trying to drive like that!!! Is there anything I can do to move the bass back toward my head? I currently have a set of Tang Band 6x9" subs in the rear deck (they actually sound pretty decent!). I was thinking that I can just switch the pos and negative and put them out of phase to try and help, but I am not sure if this is the right thing to do? Also, would it change if I put them in boxes in the trunk of the car (at that point, i'd just buy a pair of 10's or something instead)? Or is it just that the car has some strange cancellations in it to cause there to be a dead spot right at my head??

Any suggestions?

lol u kinda answered ur question with ur thread. The bass relects at the window. So u'll hear more bass there, its not gonna just start randomly reflecting in ur face or next to ur ear unless u have like a huge metal plate sitting next to u or something.

u can always put a window hanging down in front of ur face. At least that way u can still see and drive. Wouldn't want to crash anytime soon tho. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Or is it just that the car has some strange cancellations in it to cause there to be a dead spot right at my head??
Any suggestions?
that would be my guess, a box in the trunk wuld give you some options (moveing it around) but with drivers in the deck your kinda screwed? try reverseing phase it might help a lot?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.