Bass from trunk to cabin..

Phlipbak
10+ year member

CA Enthusiast
Ok, I have a 2006 Dodge Charger SXT..

It is a bass sponge..

Unless I let my seats down, a LOT of the bass is caught in the trunk..

I used to have two Arsenal 12's in a 2.5 cu ft sealed box with 1200w and it wasn't even as loud as my buddy's CVX in a 1.0 cu ft prefab sealed wedge box with 900 watts facing sideways in the trunk of a 2006 Mustang.. :'( (and that's my seats down and his seats up! I dunno what the deal with my car is lol.. any suggestions? Those arsenals were mega loud once I installed them in my friend's explorer though..)

I'm having a 2.4 cu ft sealed box made for my two 12" Havocs right now, and it will be in the trunk obviously, facing the trunk lid, obviously.. lol.

Anyways, my rear deck has a hole where a stock subwoofer would have been on the R/T model of the car or if I would have gotten a different stock sound system package.

Well, this hole has the felt/carpet stuff over it (it covers my rear deck for cosmetics I guess, otherwise it would be bare metal lol).. would it help to cut that carpet stuff around that circle to vent the trunk to the cabin?

I also heard that running a PVC pipe from this subwoofer hole down a bit into my trunk (cutting it to where it's about an inch over my box) would allow it to vent better.. but won't this basically "tune" my trunk per-say (or at least make it a giant ported space with the PVC pipe acting as a tuned aeroport)?

Any help with this situation is greatly appreciated..

No, I'm not sealing my trunk off and facing subs inside the vehicle..

Thanks!

Trevor

well about your best option you wont do so about the only other thing you can do is to vent your subs inside you cabin. or sound deaden you trunk except for the rear deck and drill a bunch of holes in it

There is a 8" round hole inthe rear deck for the factory sub. I dont have the sub so I cut it out. Biggest difference ever. air flow into cabin from subs, if you have alot of power you can do small hair tricks

k so you are going to want to take that beauty panel completely out... as well as cut that hole out... all it is is a layer of sound deadener... it will make somewhat of a difference... although if you have an ear for music you will still be able to tell your bass is muffled... im in the process of figuring out what to do about this... so if you pm me ill keep you posted on what i find out...

There is a 8" round hole inthe rear deck for the factory sub. I dont have the sub so I cut it out. Biggest difference ever. air flow into cabin from subs, if you have alot of power you can do small hair tricks
Cut what out??? There isn't anything to cut out back there. The hole is already there. All you have to do is remove that piece of dampening from there that was put in place by Dodge.

do it like this. it eliminates havin to fold ur seats down. sounds good too and u cant even notice it. its like a 20"x10 rectangle. just cut the sheet metal. u cant see the cut cuz theres like a speaker screen over a frame of wood.

ONNCI-1.jpg

do it like this. it eliminates havin to fold ur seats down. sounds good too and u cant even notice it. its like a 20"x10 rectangle. just cut the sheet metal. u cant see the cut cuz theres like a speaker screen over a frame of wood.
If the bass needs a pathway into the car, easiest way is to cut a hole. You could always bandpass it and port it through the deck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.