bass cuts out

Participant count
  • Participant list

theboiyo187

Hey guys i been trying to figure out whats wrong with my set up. I have a 1500w orion xtr amp pushing a 12" power acoustik mofo. The gain is almost turned up half way. Now after turning the volume up the bass hits hard for about 30 secs but starts cutting in and out like if not enough power to complete the bass notes. On another note i cant tell the power difference between my new orion amp and my bs old 3000w mono boss armor amp. It seems like the boss almost is there the orion hits may be a tad deeper. I know the boss amp is way under rated and maybe only doing 500 to 600w my orion has a birth sheet of 1755w. Any reason as to why?

What's your HU and it's voltage output? (most will be between 2-5 volts)

Describe your electrical...is anything upgraded?

Could be many factors but also need more info.

Hey guys i been trying to figure out whats wrong with my set up. I have a 1500w orion xtr amp pushing a 12" power acoustik mofo. The gain is almost turned up half way. Now after turning the volume up the bass hits hard for about 30 secs but starts cutting in and out like if not enough power to complete the bass notes. On another note i cant tell the power difference between my new orion amp and my bs old 3000w mono boss armor amp. It seems like the boss almost is there the orion hits may be a tad deeper. I know the boss amp is way under rated and maybe only doing 500 to 600w my orion has a birth sheet of 1755w. Any reason as to why?
Check resistance on your ground ..better amps require better grounds ...so lower resistance..you can do this with a DMM and running a wire from the battery to your meter ..at the amp

Add ground wire and do another 4ha run to battery. If that fails then maybe something is shorting out on amp board, broken fets? Maybe they vibrate with bass hits and cut out..also lackluster amp performance.

2006 grand jeep laredo. I'm sure its suppose to be 0g wire but i dont think i can fit 0 gauge under the flooring.
Nice Jeep. On my `95 ZJ Grand Cherokee (Current Vehicle) I ran a 0awg from the battery, down the engine compartment and under the Jeep, outside of the frame on the passenger side. I then drilled a hole under the rear passenger seat and put a grommet in the floor and pulled the cable into the Jeep. The cable is supported under the Jeep with nylon cable straps and self tapping screws. It is not visible unless you look under the Jeep. Here are two pics. This cable has since been upgraded but I hope it helps give you ideas on running a bigger cable.

14040017_1198515050191502_52828091153674137_n_zps9nj15wj4.jpg

14079899_1198514403524900_4488821145848184765_n_zpsu0gbngwb.jpg

All amp issues aside... and it sounds like there are a few... lol... if you're adding a lot of power and the output is basically the same, what does your current enclosure look like?.. do you have a pic? It's possible that that is one bottleneck you have that's limiting output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.