Aw ****...

Participant count
  • Participant list

ThatChevyGuy
5,000+ posts

sue me, its a ford.
Georgia
So last week i was in a hurry and had my oil changed at a quick lube. The next morning i start my truck (02 chevy 1500 140k) and it blows a huge cloud of smoke like bad valve seals. its also stubborn to start, takes 2-3 tries. Truck has never smoked before i've had it for 6 months and its never used oil i changed it last and it wasn't low. Now my truck smokes about 3/5 times in the morning. It clears up, but man i don't see how it needs a valve job. Nothing I did. What could cause this after an oil change? Its blue smoke also, not black... Recycled oil? Too thin seeping past the seals? Could it be flooding? The dash is not showing a check engine light. Im trying to avoid having to tear it down for a while. It doesn't seem to be using. Just need some input, Thanks

or steam or water on the dipstick, none of that here. Wouldnt it do it continously? This clears up after 5-10 seconds. Just like my old chevy truck, thats why im worried. Thanks

sounds more like they may have over-filled the engine and blown/cracked the piston rings then drained the oil back down when they realized what they had done hoping it had done no damage, I have seen this done one other time to a toyota but after helping the moron drain it back down his engine was still ok yours may not have been so lucky!

But if it was a ring wouldn't it continue to smoke? Ill keep checking the oil but it hasnt moved and its dead on 6qts. I'm never going to a quick lube again, this was my first time. It might be time to trade it off (while the motor is warm lol)

Im gonna change the oil this week with a quart of lucas and hope for the best. I think it might be the oil, it does feel thin and smells burnt.

If you want it done right...

I had an older Honda that would smoke from time to time, and couldnt figure out what the heck it was..an old timer told me to change my PVC valve,and I did, and it was clogged up/changed the hose, and the PVC valve..old timer was right:)

Yeah i thought of that also (Pcv), thanks. Turns out it was the oil, something wasn't right with it. It turned a redish copper color in a matter of 2 weeks and would run down the stick (too thin). I definately don't think i got what i paid for...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ThatChevyGuy

5,000+ posts
sue me, its a ford.
ThatChevyGuy
Georgia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date