Audison APK 165p vs Voce AV 165

Participant count
  • Participant list

Doddy

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am about to have a system upgrade with an Audison 10” active sub and the Audison AP 8.9 bit amp.
I can’t decide on the front speakers to use, it comes down to the Audison Voce AV 165 or the APK 165P. Apart from about £100 price difference, what is the best option for my setup? What is the difference between the two? Just to add, its all going into a VW Golf R 7.5.
I have very little knowledge about these things so any help is appreciated.

I'm currently running the APF8.9 bit amp! Did you already purchase equipment? I don't have any first-hand experience with either of those speakers, but the Voce is supposed to be the "better" set.

However the Voce you listed is just a midbass driver, no tweeter included.

Matt

Last edited:
I'm currently running the APF8.9 bit amp! Did you already purchase equipment? I don't have any first-hand experience with either of those speakers, but the Voce is supposed to be the "better" set.

However the Voce you listed is just a midbass driver, no tweeter included.

Matt
Yes, already got the amp. The tweeters will be bought separately for the Voce, the £100 extra was covering the cost of the 1.1 Voce tweeters. What do you have? as you have the same amp what advice did you get with what speakers to run off of it?

Yes, already got the amp. The tweeters will be bought separately for the Voce, the £100 extra was covering the cost of the 1.1 Voce tweeters. What do you have? as you have the same amp what advice did you get with what speakers to run off of it?

I'm running a 3-way front setup. Hertz Mille Legends all around. 280.3 tweeters, 700.3 midrange, and 1800.3 midbass.

Speakers are a very personal choice. I have heard dozens of different speakers and only really liked 3 or 4 of them. Each speaker will have its own "sound", and you can't really hear that difference when you go into a car audio shop and listen to their giant board.

The audison amp will power pretty much whatever you want it too. You can run 4 speakers with 260w per speaker, 6 speakers with 85w to 4 and 260w to 2(what I run for my 3 way), or you can run 8 speakers with 85w per speaker. My setup is in a mk4 jetta and I went full out to put speakers where I wanted them. If you are going for a "factory" install, just about any 2-way set will work well.

Matt

That is quite some setup, my budget doesn’t stretch to that. I am pretty certain I will go for the Voce and hopefully the processor can fine tune the system for my ears. Thank you for your advice and info.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...