Audison 5.1k re audio xxx 6.5 rear hertz 1650.3 question

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well ok so my re audio crossovers are damaged the coil came un soldered and I haven’t decided repair or not yet, my question is can I wire 4 tweeters and 4 woofers into the 2 hertz 3 way crossovers or is the Audison amp able to run the re audio xxx sufficiently and safely with great sound quality without the crossover. The amp is also powering 2 treo engineering 12s. I also am curious how much sound quality can be added from good rca cables gold plated connectors and so on, I’m struggling obtaining the sound quality I’m going for, curious as to where im losing quality ( it by no means sounds bad). Just not perfect as to this equipments abilities at least

I had the 5.1k for a couple years. Great amp and a powerhouse for running a complete system from one amp. Yes that amp does an active system very well with just one full range input or a sub and high input. You can run all your tweeters from the front channel and all your mids from the rear channel and the amp is capable of crossing them over properly and handling the ohm load. The problem with doing it this way is that you will always get equal power to all your tweeter and equal power to all your mids so if you have one component set in front and one in the rear you will not be able to fade between them. One issue with that amp that I had is that the power from the front channel is a bit lacking for the tweeters. If possible you should try just running one component set.

It seems to be ear piercing on the tweeters as of now, and quiet mids and a bit loud on the side end, I have tuned my fair share of setups, if I removed the crossover from the hertz and wired it all in I would spread power out over front and rear highs and you may have answered my questions with that. I believe I’m getting all the power to the tweeters and mids of the hertz speakers which just is to much volume and thus being spread over both sets would be good now as for the subs I would be purchasing an upgrade as to buying the treo subs 7 years ago its due time to upgrade, any input or recommendations on high end companies around now a days? Been looking at image dynamics

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.