Audioque vs audiopipe

mast240
10+ year member

YOU'RE A HOOKER!
ight guys... as many of you know.. i'm building a beast.... 6 AQ 18's in a montero.... here's what i'm trying to figure out

i was originally trying to go all AQ... i was going to go with 2 AQ 3500d1's... and run about 9kw to the subs

after looking over prices, prices and more prices, here is my dilema

i can get the same amount of wattage out of audiopipe, for almost half the price... now, i know that they arent really comparable to the AQ'S... but with everything else i'm doing on this build, any money i can save helps... so here's the question:

those of you with experience with both amps, do you think i would notice a huge difference in the two amps? and if so, please elaborate on what... this build is going to be a ground pounder, but i'm also hoping to get around 160db's out of it... not sure if that would even be possible with the audiopipes, but i'm not sure (never run THAT much power with audiopipe)

any advice helps guys

with that kind of power, unless you have a very good electrical to back it up i would run AQ. that AP will want to clip easily and if youre dropping into low 12's/high 11's you're just going to clip it even worse.

I o-scoped my ap1500 and it was super touchy when it came to clipping, I had to have it just right. I'd so go crescendo, xenon boards like sundown and half the price, I'll be doing a BC5500 when I get around to it.

Looking at JBLCamry he had better luck with his AP3k's instead of the set of 3500.1s. He swapped out to those and one only lasted one show lol. Sure the Ap3k only clamped rougly 2490ish watts at 13.1 volts but cmon its $350.

Crescendo is very nice though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mast240

10+ year member
YOU'RE A HOOKER!
mast240
washington, dc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date