Audiofrog gb60 alternative without the high price question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
I am looking to change out the silver flute 6.5 in the doors

the audiofrog gb60 is a fantastic speaker, but it comes at a high price

I really don't want to spend $1000 on the gb if there is a close alternative for less

What would be a good alternative for a 6.5 for around $500 for the pair

Power to work with 160 watts per channel on the amp

Would rather not have to build enclosure in the door

Stevens Audio makes really nice 6.5" mid bass and come in 2 ohm and have matching tweeters you can buy as well. Have to buy them off of his facebook site.

I have looked at the stevens but the specs show the Xmas to be less than the GB60

For the ones using the stevens how well do they perform , what is your setup with them, power, crossover settings

Eric Stevens is widely known in the audio world. Many at DIYMA run those speakers. I have a set sitting here to put in and I've heard them in vehicles & the sound is awesome.

Post up there as well. You will get a bunch of responses from people who have them installed or used them. He has a stellar rep and well earned.

There is also tons of good equipment there for sale all the time including components from low end to high end sets that are more expensive then 1k to say the least. Some of these guys there have thousands in their setups.

Stevens audio mb6 is a very good one only slightly giving up on low end response.

The stereo integrity tm65mkiv is another very good one that has a better low end but slightly loses to the audiofrog on the highend.

Crazy as it is the gs6 is also very good even compared to the gb6

I ordered the Stereo integrity TM 65mkIV

I also placed an order on the M25k tweeter
and the M3 Carbon midrange

Going to give them a shot and see how they do. I have high hopes for this setup.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...