audiocontrol matrix or epicenter?

Participant count
  • Participant list
they are 2 completely different pieces of equipment that serve 2 completely different functions.

The Epicenter is a variable parametric equalizer and subsonic filter with a built in line driver. The HPF comes factory with a 12db/oct @ 33hz filter...this can be changed with interchangeable chips and is not by-passable. You would really need to determine if the chip in the unit is the one from the factory or not. It could affect output, depending on your sub stage design.

The matrix is simply a neat little line driver that also has a built in HPF linked to channel 3 inputs that is factory set at 18db/oct @33hz, with interchangeable chips, non by passable.

What is a rundown of equipment you are currently using? This would help us determine the answer to your question.

I'm running a alpine 9886 head unit alpine type r speakers allway around off a alpine 4 channel. Ihave a custom 18 mtx 9500/Psi. In a 7.50 cube box and I'm only running a small 1200 watt older brutus amp to break in a lil. I have 2 runs of 0 to trunk. One to each battery. And I have 3 frame grounds coming up threw trunk floor. One on each battery and one on sub amp.

Sounds good...I guess there is a lil more to the Matrix that it being a good line driver:

http://rs.audiocontrol.com/company_38//matrix_OM.pdf

I'd probably use the Matrix stand alone if I were running your set up. You could run the Epicenter off the back side of it as well, but it would take some tuning to make sure the levels were matched up and verify the HPF freq's were the same. If you don't want such a high setting on the HPF, I'd leave the Epicenter out and run through inputs 1 & 2 on the Matrix.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.