Audio Designs of Atlanta

Participant count
  • Participant list

distantbliss
10+ year member

I went by there the other day around 10am and they seemed like they're closed. About a month and a half ago I heard they were broken into and alot of their stuff was stolen. Does anyone on the forum know if they just moved to another location or they're closed permanently?

maybe it takes a while to restock everything. Where are they located in Ga? I see that op is located in stone mountain, is that where it is?

Ya Jeff Smith close his shop after the broken in. But he is not down for the count. I has another venture in the works, so he will be around. Here is a post with some info.

Hello all,

I am writing you all this with a very heavy heart. I am sharing this with you because all of you are more than just clients. You have all become family to James, David, Whitney and myself. This is probably the hardest thing I have done since that weekend in Mexico when I got arrested and was forced to be a part of a carnival show with “Juanita the Wonder Donkey” in order to get out of jail (joke).

On a more serious note, most of you know about the break-in at the shop on April 23 of this year. For those that do not know, the shop was broken into, and we lost 93% ($35K) of our inventory and more than ($15K) in tools, shop equipment, in addition to a client’s brand new van ($65K). Since then, we have been constantly fighting with the insurance company, land lord, and dealing with a local police force that really could care less about my situation. My family and I have come to the sad decision to close the store. The amount of time and money that it would take to rebuild until the insurance company gets off their butts to settle this matter is not feasible at this time. I have looked into a lot of possibilities and discussed them all with my family, CPA, and lawyer… but closing the shop was the only clear choice.

Where do we all go from here? I took a long time to really ask myself what would be best for all of us. One of my good friends in the industry and I have joked for quite sometime about the possibility of me working with him. After my lost, he came to me with the idea of building a new powerhouse in the 12 volt industry for metro Atlanta. We have sat down and come up with what I hope you all will embrace as the start of a new chapter for the future of High End Car Audio in the Southeast. As of June 2, 2008 David, James and myself will begin building our new home at Sound Sensations in Marietta, GA (http://www.sound-sensations.com). Mark Vickers and the crew at Sound Sensations have rolled out the red carpet to embrace us and all of you as well. Some of you may know of them from their recent 1st place win at the 2008 PIONEER build off they we assisted with. But if not, you will get to meet them as we have plans to have a few IASCA/MECA events in the very near future to introduce the new custom division at Sound Sensations. We will still take care of all of your needs and service you with the same passion that we had at Audio Designs. This venture will soon prove itself as the best of both worlds. We will have a larger work area to service the South and also the unlimited resources that we have needed to help rekindle the Car Audio market in the Southeast.

I want to thank each of you personally for your support, belief, and patronage over the past 3 years that Audio Designs was built with all of our blood, sweat, and tears. I sincerely hope you all will look at this opportunity in a positive light, and are prepared to support the start of this new chapter in all of our lives.

Sincerely,

Jeffery Smith

Owner/Installer

Audio Designs of Atlanta

Wow! I was wondering why my phone started blowing up today. This email was meant for my clients not the public. I was preparing a thread for this but i'll leave it at this. This entire situation has been spinning out of my control. But I was backed into a corner and had to make a executive decision and do what was best for my employees, my family, my clients and myself. I hope that everyone in the Southeast is ready for the mobile electronics monster that we are about to create in Marietta.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...