AQ 200.2 and Crescendo Mids and HIghs

Participant count
  • Participant list

CodyHendo
10+ year member

I have an AQ 200.2 and am about to order 2 crescendo pwx 6.5s and 2 ft1 super tweets. The question i have is what impedance should i get for the mids and highs, 4 or 8 ohm? I will be running all four off of one channel which is either 220@4ohm or 340@2ohm. With all 4 ohm i can run them at 4ohm and give each 55watts, which would be solid for me, but i was also thinking of getting them all 8 ohm and running all four to 2 ohm and getting 85 watts per speaker. Could i do that with these super tweeters though? They are only rated at 80 rms. Just want to know what you all think. Ive never done mids or highs like this or put an amp on em and i want to do it big right away. Could i just turn down the amp a little or? i dont know. Please let me know what ya think.

I have an AQ 200.2 and am about to order 2 crescendo pwx 6.5s and 2 ft1 super tweets. The question i have is what impedance should i get for the mids and highs, 4 or 8 ohm? I will be running all four off of one channel which is either 220@4ohm or 340@2ohm. With all 4 ohm i can run them at 4ohm and give each 55watts, which would be solid for me, but i was also thinking of getting them all 8 ohm and running all four to 2 ohm and getting 85 watts per speaker. Could i do that with these super tweeters though? They are only rated at 80 rms. Just want to know what you all think. Ive never done mids or highs like this or put an amp on em and i want to do it big right away. Could i just turn down the amp a little or? i dont know. Please let me know what ya think.
so what are u running off the other channel? or are u planning on bridging them all....i would run the tweets on 1. Channel and the mids on another...those supertweets are like my aq tweets they only need like 30-40rms to get extremely loud

so what are u running off the other channel? or are u planning on bridging them all....i would run the tweets on 1. Channel and the mids on another...those supertweets are like my aq tweets they only need like 30-40rms to get extremely loud
At some point I'm going to double it all up with 2 more of each on the other channel tho.

And get 4 ohm ..thst would give the mids around 100 each which is plenty ..alot cleaner and easier on the amp to run at 4ohm
I'm buying stuff in increments so I will eventually be getting h/o alternator and batts and subs and what not so I should be able to run everything safely.

You really need another amp for the tweets, waste of the AQ for what you plan to do. Run all 4 mids off the AQ and a smaller 2ch for 4 tweets.

How you are going to do the xovers for the mids and tweets? The mids need a bandpass xover and the tweets need a HPF?

I'd get 4ohm mids and run 2 per ch on the AQ and 8ohm tweeters off a 2x50-75 amp. Those tweeters don't need anywhere near 80watts to scream.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.