Any CDT dealers in Connecticut?

Participant count
  • Participant list

maylar
10+ year member

Electrical Weenie
Connecticut
I'd like to audition some CDT speakers but I can't find any shops near me that carry them. I'm in south central CT, about 30 min south of Hartford. Anybody know of a dealer within an hr or two? Southerm MA would be OK too.

Thanks

I'm looking at 5.25" components. CDT has a bunch of different models and it's impossible to tell them apart by description and specs. I've already bought 2 sets of comps based solely on forum recommendations and reviews - not gonna do that again.

ES Gold is the top line, HD is in the middle, CL is entry level. I recommend you just look at the HD or ES Gold lines. It will narrow your options considerably, especially if you only look at what's listed on cdtstore.com. Forget the stuff you see elsewhere unless it's also listed on CDT's site. There are a lot of discontinued sets still for sale, plus non-dealers listing CDT product on eBay.

Good advice trumpet I agree I see a lot of cdt stuff on woofers etc. cheap. I talked to ken about it a while back he said its all old , very old , stock that he sold off a few years back. No cdt warranty on the older stuff even the Es gold models they have so op stick with the new models from the cdt website. I am a authorized dealer for them , so I can also help you. But what we both need to know is what you are trying to achieve with a new set Are you looking for better power handling , more mid bass , louder tweets , what ?

I'm looking for the perfect speaker... to my ears and with my music. Understanding fully that install makes all the difference, I'd still like to hear my next speakers before forking out the cash.

But for suggestions - I want midrange clarity and detail without being overbearing. Tweeters should be silk or fabric, not metal. Crossover point below 4000 Hz, with adjustable attenuation on the tweeters. Power should be 80-100 watts each and they should play down to 70 Hz with authority. It's important that they sound good at low power cuz that's where I play most times (very quiet car), but they need to get loud when the mood strikes.

I've tried Morel Maximos and their detail was incredible. But the tweets are too loud and the simple crossovers are not adjustable. They also sounded anemic at low power. My HAT Imagine's do everything well except the midrange clarity isn't there. I have them boosted at 2-4K which helps a lot but at low volume I can't hear the vocals.

Thanks, but way too big. I need 5.25's.

The ES Gold looks nice, but as I said I'm not spending $700 without hearing them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.