any CDs worth buying?

green_slip
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Utah
I have some extra money (about $40) left over. So I was wondering if it was even worth it to go out and buy a CD or two. I have to go to a friend's house to burn CDs and that takes a little while so are there any quality CDs out there to buy? I listen to thing like A Perfect Circle (have 13th step CD), Craig David, Tool, Dire Straights, Eagles, Linkin Park, Staind, anything R&B or rock or rap. it's all good stuff. Basically I need a quality CD with 8 or so really good songs that I can test my new system out with. thanks in advance.

are these testing cds sold in regular CD stores? FYE is where i buy my cds. also do these testing cds have vocals or is it a bunch of beats?

If you like rap the Jay-Z Black Album is pretty good and for lots of bass the Bone Crusher cd works. Also the Bass Mekanik cd's have some testing stuff on them and you can buy them at FYE.

looking more for some sweet beats with great recording quality. what do you guys think about tool-lateralus? maybe that's something i could look into. anyone have some favorite CD's that they actually went out and bought?

lateralus is a great album. if you're a fan of that kind of music, pick it up. schism has to be one of my favourite all time songs. i think i'll listen to it now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

lateralus is a great album. if you're a fan of that kind of music, pick it up. schism has to be one of my favourite all time songs. i think i'll listen to it now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
the video for it is pretty sweet too

teg racer was right......go out and buy Twista's new CD, it makes my L7's sound ungodly good, hard to believe isn't it???? Best SQ cd I own. What's nice about it is theres 16 songs, and none of the gay ass skit **** that u here so much on Ja Rule and Snoop Dogg Cd's.......I bought it for 11.99 at target yesterday and in my opinion its worth double that.

Peace

I can't beleive I forgot this one...

CD "Headspace" by Pulse Ultra. Metal band from Montreal, Canada. Great musicians, and it has that kind of darkness and insight Tool has (though I like to think no one is on the same level as Tool lol) but with a crazier arrangement and a more melodic production. These guys are going to be great.

If you want to hear it first, download the songs "Build Your Cages", "Never The Culprit", and "Despot".

yea twista's music aint bad either. I just got the cd for free from irc lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif and some of the songs do sound like they'd pound pretty good(i dont have my subs hooked up yet, just door speakers)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.