Amp ?'s

jrmax
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
oklahoma
can someone estimate what my amp puts out it is a Crunch P4125 PowerZone 4ch 1000w Amp but when i got it it actually says on the box it is 500watt and i am going to wire it to two type R's will that make the dual voice coil subs down to 2.67 ohms or can you even wire that 4 channel amp below 4? so please just guess at what it puts out your best guess is better than mine. and please tell me how to wire the subs with dvc and what ohm it will be thank you for your time.

well what kind of current is this thing pulling? simple voltage times current would give you your power.......but remember to take that number times .65 for its eff rating. ......

how many fuses are on the amp??? Crunch???? i'm betting that thing would catch fire on a low ohm mono load...

I am running it with a regular car battery and reg alt. and it should be at 2.67 ohm is that to low i plan on replacing it and using it to push speakers when i get a new sub amp but i want to know if it will push my subs for now.

ok if it wont push them that low how do I wire it for the best i can get out of it and what will it run at?

there is a way to get an 8 ohm load out of a single svc with dual 4 ohm coils i think, so if you could wire both to get an 8 ohm load then bridge them off of your amp you could then get a 4 ohm mono load. i wouldn't go lower than that. ask others to help out, i'm not quite sure how to do it.

but if i wire in like say 8 ohm do I loose like a ton of watts because they rate amps different at different ohms!

**** it i got ripped and i will have to buy a new one later and run that one on components so will that work for now though?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.