Am I underpowering my w6's?

get a proper enclosure designed and built, I suggest one that is built around your cabin. A million people will suggest 4ft tuned to 30-35hz with 48-65'' of port. Don't pay for that, get one actually based around your car and equipment not a generic design pawned off as custom. Then get a better amplifier, I would suggest this for the 2

DD Audio: Mobile Audio | Amplifiers | M1c | DD Audio
When u say designed around the cabin, I know pwk does that, any other box builders on here do that?

Contrary to popular belief that little bazooka amp can handle a 1ohm load. They are crap amps but my roommate got one on ebay for 3 bucks and has 2 type R 12's at 1ohm on it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif it is deceavingly powerful for what it is. Gains are set correctly of course.

As you do though, he needs a bigger amp to power them to their potential. I had my NINe.1 on the pair for a while but needed the amp back for my Ranger Splash so he has the Bazooka in there for the time being.

Thanks for the two amplifier recommendations and all the other sound replies on this thread (even though it's hard to sift through the truth sometimes). For the two posters who recommended the amps, can I ask why you choose these brands specifically? Was it because you know the brand is trustworthy and reliable, or simply because you knew these amps would be fully compatible with the specs of my system?

I'm very curious to know, thanks.

Also, I got to hook up the JL w6's to a Hifonics Brutus BXi 2610D which pumps at 2600 RMS at 1 ohm and the w6's are a lot louder and better sounding (trying to ignore the distortion caused by the car shaking).

But before I go ahead bumping them with this new amp, I just want to make sure that it is fully compatible and a right match for the w6's.

They sound a lot better, but I'm still not sure if the w6's are hitting to their FULL potential right now.

Thanks for the replies, all info is appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

obidon

10+ year member
obidon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
obidon