alright i think this is it

Participant count
  • Participant list

wags
10+ year member

Prime Minister of Funk
After tons of looking around everywhere gathering info. This is what I am going to do I believe:

Running a Panasonic cq-hx1083u

Get two Ed12.44 O's (already ordered)

Get a hifonics Z1000D to power them at 1 ohm.

Getting a hifonics Z6400 to power components currently

Get the 6.5 2way CDT eurosports for the front stage. ES-620's (the $440 ones)

possibly get the CL-61a's for rear fill at 150

I think that sounds like a great solid SQ setup. Any suggestions if i should go with different equipment (Besides the O's, panasonic, and z6400 which i have or am in the process of getting).

and what is all that going into? sounds real nice keeping things clean

btw. when ur Os arrive please make a deep report on them. im thinkin on gettin one but would like to hear some reviews first

I think you'll be pleased:)

Did you budget in sound deadening material, and possibly a new/rewound alternator?

What box do you plan on housing those O's in?

- Steve

That's all going into a white 99 grandam GT. Lol i'll go into as good of a report as I can. I'm not as diversified as some people on here. I've heard JL, MTX, and audiobahn pretty much. AS far as sound deadening I have 100 sq foot just in my trunk of Brown bread. I'll probably budget in 50-100 more sq. foot for the rest of the car/doors etc. Right now I'm running a yellow top which does alright for the time being. No new alternator b/c I don't plan on blasting it all the time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Maybe sometime in the future. But it has two terminals. Side and top. The alt is hooked to the side, the amp is hooked to the top so it isn't stressing the alt at all until the battery gets low.

I, too have noticed that not too many people get O's for some reason. Nearly everyone has K's or A's. Few O's. (probably b/c they're not recommended ported and everyone here is into ports like they're going out of style)

So you are going sealed then? If so, how big of box?

That system is going to have great SQ with some punch as well.

- Steve

Originally posted by wags That's all going into a white 99 grandam GT. Lol i'll go into as good of a report as I can. I'm not as diversified as some people on here. I've heard JL, MTX, and audiobahn pretty much. AS far as sound deadening I have 100 sq foot just in my trunk of Brown bread. I'll probably budget in 50-100 more sq. foot for the rest of the car/doors etc. Right now I'm running a yellow top which does alright for the time being. No new alternator b/c I don't plan on blasting it all the time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Maybe sometime in the future. But it has two terminals. Side and top. The alt is hooked to the side, the amp is hooked to the top so it isn't stressing the alt at all until the battery gets low.

I, too have noticed that not too many people get O's for some reason. Nearly everyone has K's or A's. Few O's. (probably b/c they're not recommended ported and everyone here is into ports like they're going out of style)
Or it's maybe cause the O's are a new line of subs...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by paikiah Or it's maybe cause the O's are a new line of subs...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
possibly. But I've read questions from concerned buyers on the edesign's forum like "my friend wants the O and wants to port it I know your not supposed to but waht would be the best application if you did?" more than once. Plus maybe not everyone wants a pure SQ woofer. I am going sealed by the recommendations on edesign's site. They recommend 1.5-1.8 ft3 on the specifications. I'm going to make a box that's around 1.836 cubic feet subtracting the speaker displacement (0.132) leaving me .204 cubic feet to work with (if i want it an even 1.5 as recommended) for internal bracing and whatnot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

wags

10+ year member
Prime Minister of Funk
wags
too close to Detroit , MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date