Alpine Type X Comps

Slaymon
10+ year member

I need new audio eqiup
I can pick up a set for $150. Was just curious on your guys' thoughts on these? Good midbass, lacking midbass? How bout the highs? They harsh or smooth. Thought this was a **** good deal so I might check em out. I don't have any place around here to hear em either.

Well if you are referring to the SPX-177a's. I have them. Midbass is good, dislike the tweeters somewhat though, they seem like in the middle of being detailed and somewhat soft. I'd rather it just be one of the two. The midbass is pretty impressive. The x-overs are very nice, but also gigantic and very difficult to configure without it sitting on your lap changing settings. Alpine fails to tell you exactly what setting does beyond a brief description. Eh I paid like 130, i'll live with them I guess, but prefered the CDT 61as.

I like mine a lot. And I too think the tweeters are in the middle of soft and hard but I like that. With proper tuning on the xover the midbass sounds nice and pushes a good amount of air. They are pretty power hunger lil suckers though so keep that in mind if you decide to purchase. All around though I'd say the quality surprised me and I am pleased with my purchase.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.