Alpine Type R's

brooksi
10+ year member

I have 2 12'' alpine type r's and im looking for a good amp for them does anyone recommend one that's not going to drain my bank account like i want to spend around 250 or 300. and i was also wondering which box would people recommend for them. if i put them in a sealed i know the sq will be good but how good will the spl be in a sealed box? and if i put them in a ported box the spl will be good but what about the sq so all in all whats a good amp to push 2 type r's and in what kind of box should i put them in?

i heard the JBL 1200.1 is really power hungry and i only have a stock alternator, think that would be enough for that amp? cuz i heard its a good amp but then some say its not so i wanna know the pros and cons of it

yes there are better amps out there, but they also cost at least twice as much. if yu got the money to spend, then get the other amps. otherwise, the JBL is still a good choice.

*i am actually about to buy one for my friend, so i personally dont think they are that bad. they are power hungry though, but i doubt you will ever power that thing on full too.

i dont know if tha is your best way to go, but it is easy to do two amps.

as for the remote wire, just split it. no biggie. as long as it doesn' run to more than 3 amp max (no more than 2 is best) you will be fine. otherwise you just need a relay or a switch.

Originally posted by brooksi what about a crossfire vr602 it is a 600 watt amp u think that would push 2 12'' type r's pretty good or no?
yes, it will do fine.

u may need a relay i dont think it would be able to be split between the 2....
if he only has two amps total splitting the wire will be fine. any more than two and i would personally suggest either a switch or a relay (best).

Originally posted by brooksi i heard the JBL 1200.1 is really power hungry and i only have a stock alternator, think that would be enough for that amp? cuz i heard its a good amp but then some say its not so i wanna know the pros and cons of it

1200.1 dont take that much power from your battery i have a stock alternator in a 1986 Civic and i have no troubles so you mush have a very shitty Alternator

Originally posted by Phill_Eclipse 1200.1 dont take that much power from your battery i have a stock alternator in a 1986 Civic and i have no troubles so you mush have a very shitty Alternator
then you aren't pushing the amp. that amp draws 120amps of current at full power, that is a LOT of current. most civic alts are like 60-70amps

thats y i was a lil sketchy on that amp because it draws so much to run at full power so i was looking at like a crossfire vr602 its a 600 watt amp and the subs are 300 rms does anyone have this amp or know if it would be good to push 2 type are 12's or any amps besides the jbl 1200.1 for the type r's

You could try the USacoustic 1000D it is a really good amp draws nowhere near as much power as the JBL (doesn't put out as much either 750RMS 2-ohm) and is in the same price range. I have one hooked up to two Infinty Kappa Perfects 12.1 and it rocks

I have 2 12' Type R's running off a 1200.1, yes the amp requires power my stock alternator was done in over a couple months it was 60amp i have a high output Bosch in there now with no problems. As far as box goes i had them in a sealed enclosure and it had good SQ and decent SPL when i put them into a ported box i couldnt believe how much more SPL i got they pound crazy now but you loose your SQ so its presonal preference whatever you like. I would recommend the 1200.1 for the price range your looking at but you may need new alternator which is good anyways

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.