alpine HU issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

nboyd24

i have a cde-9841 HU that i hooked up into my 97 saturn but i'm having trouble with the subwoofer install.....as of right now i have the subwoofer input wires spliced with the back speaker wires going into the back of the deck as done by professional installers, however this was before i got the new HU....the subwoofers work fine like that however the bass control is the only thing that controls them and the subwoofer control is nonfunctional....i attempted to unsplice the sub wires that were connected to a small box that says installexpress.com (not sure what it is or what it does) and hook it directly into the subwoofer spot on the back of the deck but the subs wouldnt work unless they were hooked to that black box which then was spliced into the back speaker wires......does anyone know what i can do so that the speakers and sub are seperate on the deck like its supposed to or at least know what that little black box is and does so that maybe i could figure it out.....thanks for the help

You have an amp for the subs, right?

The rcas going to the sub amp should be hooked into the sub preout on the deck, to allow the sub control on the deck to work.

Never heard of professional installers splicing rear speaker wires to run subs.

Never heard of professional installers splicing rear speaker wires to run subs.
I will assume that the original poster added subs when the stock head unit was still in use. If that's in fact the case the installers probably would have had to use an LOC. It's pretty common to tap into the rear speaker wires for an LOC input signal.

yea i forgot to mention that and i do have an amp, i meant the wire from the amp to the deck was plugged into a black box which was then spliced into the back speaker wires....i unhooked the wire from the black box that connected to that amp and plugged it in directly to the cd deck so it was one wire from amp to deck but the subs werent working as if it it wasnt plugged in......i'm not understanding why its not working still

Ok i understand now, You shouldnt need a LOC for that CD player modle it has a Preout

Key Features

• 45W x 4 High Power Amplifier

• Bass Engine®

-Subwoofer Level Control

-Bass Center Frequency Control

-Bass Band Width Adjustment

-Treble Center Frequency Control

• CD-R/RW Playback

• MaxTune Tuner

•Regulated 1-Bit DAC

•1 PreOut

• Detachable Trim Plate

• Anti-Theft Detachable Front Panel

yes there is an amp but what the deal is is that that LOC (i am guessing thats what that box is) was used to hooked up my subs before on my old stock but then i bought an after market deck and installed it myself and just used the same wiring kit as when it was on my stock deck and now i am trying to hookit up so that the subs arent spliced into the back speakers anymore but when i take out the LOC and just hook the input wire from the amp into the subwoofer spot on my deck it wont work

i was thinking that too becasuse of what it said in the manual however there is no on and off switch i dont think for this model.....it just goes from 0-15+, at least i dont know how to turn it on or off and it doesnt really say for my exact model in the manual

yea i figured that out now and its on and the sub is working now plugged straight into the deck however it sounds alot more distorted and not nearly as loud.....and i have the subwoofer level turned up to 15+.....when i cut the power to the speakers you can hear the subwoofer playing the entire song instead of just a bass beat.....i dunno if this means i have something hooked up wrong or not but it definitly is a lot more distorted

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.