Alpine CDA-105 Filters

Participant count
  • Participant list

Stripes
10+ year member

About a year ago I purchased an Alpine CDA-105 new for $170. I'm getting around to planning some more additions, two 12" subs, about 300 RMS each, dual coils on them. An amp for them, and possibly either two new 6.5" and an amp for them, or two 5x9 for the back seat, and an amp for them. My CDA-105 has these amp pre-outs. My question though is how is it going to sound? I don't think my CDA-105 has any high or low pass filters, will this make the whole bass setup sound like crap?

I know amps have filters, but I don't want to spend another $120 when I get my bass system, so that's why I was curious.

it has a high pass filter and a two band parametric eq.
Can you please explain these better; will I be able to be sending bass signals to my rear amp and subs without making my front 6.5" speakers sound like crap that are just coming off the head unit? Or show where you got the info?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.