Alpine Bluetooth module and Blackberry phone

ReelDeal

I'm guessing this is the right section for this question. If not, I'm sorry. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

I just had an Alpine 9885 installed with an Alpine KCE-300BT module. I have a Blackberry 8830 phone. I can make and answer calls, but the phone's address book does not transfer to the headunit. Is there anything I can do, or is it just a compatibility issue?

Thanks!

Apparently it is compatibility. Motorola phones work the best since the Bluetooth module is made by Motorola. One thing, the unit is 1.1. Current phones are 2.0. Alpine needs to get up to date.

I've installed several of these units, most have been removed. Poor sound quality and many compatibility issues. Ive switched to the basic motorola unit they seem to be a lot better so far.

I've installed several of these units, most have been removed. Poor sound quality and many compatibility issues. Ive switched to the basic motorola unit they seem to be a lot better so far.
Curious as to what exactly you meant there.. if the Alpine BT adapter is simply prone to problems or if it meant in regards to blackberries, etc. I'm really wanting BT in my car as I'm tired of trying to find my headset and turn the volume down, etc while driving. If the Alpine BT adapter is worse than others, I'd love to know which ones are working the best. My fiance has an Acura TL with factory head unit/BT and for the most part it works great. Thx

Hello JDavis37, I have a quick question for you. I have the 9883 Alpine unit and have been thinking about purchasing the same Bluetooth unit as you have.

How are your calls when using the bluetooth unit through your headunit?

Also, have you tried streaming audio music through the bluetooth to play over your car stereo speakers? The 8830 has A2DP so I would imagine this should be possible. If you haven't can you test it and let me know?

Thanks in advance,

housej55

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.