AIG execs told to commit suicide by Senator

Participant count
  • Participant list

snoopdan
5,000+ posts

Banned
Louisville, KY
Excerpts from Reuters said:
A prominent U.S. senator backtracked on comments that American International Group Inc executives might consider suicide, but he still wants them to apologize for ruining the giant insurer.
Senator Charles Grassley, the top Republican on the Senate Finance Committee, said on Monday that AIG executives should perhaps "resign or go commit suicide," adopting what he called a Japanese approach to taking responsibility for their actions.

On Monday, in an interview with a radio station in his home state of Iowa, Grassley fired a gibe at AIG executives, saying they might "follow the Japanese example and come before the American people and take that deep bow and say, I'm sorry, and then either do one of two things: resign or go commit suicide."

AIG called those comments "very disappointing."

Grassley on Tuesday said U.S. executives might adopt practices of Japanese business leaders in admitting mistakes.

"Japanese CEOs either go out and commit suicide, and probably in most cases they don't, and when they don't they come before the public and bow very, very deeply, and express regret, and may resign or may stay on, but the point is they accept full responsibility," he said. "I haven't heard this from the CEOs."

Bahhahahahah //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

fuck I just realized I put this in general. Oh well, couldnt be worse than the "omg what subwoofer should I buy" threads //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Maybe Grassley and a couple of these CEO's can stand head to head and use one bullet. Not as good for the economy, though, as buying a tank to do the same would.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

snoopdan

5,000+ posts
Banned
snoopdan
Louisville, KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date