after further thought

I havent heard an XXX yet, but, 4 12s should out displace that one fifteen by a shitwad. The 4 twelves should definately be louder. SQ, not quite sure about, 4 woofers generally tends to downgrade SQ, as opposed to a single sub setup i would say. The 12s should definately get alot louder.

****, if u have the room...go with the 4 12's. I mean...it'll be loud and sound good in 1 cube sealed each. Just make sure u HAVE 2dual 4ohm now and oreder 2 dual 4ohm so you can get a 2ohm final load to present to the amp. also, make sure avionixx still has the db1800 in stock. peace

NG

I do have the 12.44s and I planned on getting 2 more 12.44s

Right now I have the 2 facing backwards, I plan on making a bed type box with the 4 facing up. Anybody have any experince with this. I have a taurus so it has a trunk but the seats also can fold down. I have seen picks of these install but have never heard 1. I know all cars are differnet and changing the position can change the sound, but I just curious if anyone has heard a setup with the subs facing up.

Your PM box is full smokeoff so here is what I was going to PM you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif :

Hey I see you have 2 of these in a ported box. Could you tell me what size each sub sees or the total c.f. of the box if they aren't separated? Also, what size vented box would you say would be the loudest for 1 e12k? I am looking at a 1.9cf vented box with a 1.5" baffle. Thanks alot.

I do have the 12.44s and I planned on getting 2 more 12.44s
Right now I have the 2 facing backwards, I plan on making a bed type box with the 4 facing up. Anybody have any experince with this. I have a taurus so it has a trunk but the seats also can fold down. I have seen picks of these install but have never heard 1. I know all cars are differnet and changing the position can change the sound, but I just curious if anyone has heard a setup with the subs facing up.
My friend has a Dodge Intrepid with 2 15" Audiobahns facing up, and it sounds surprisingly good. I figured it would be best for the wave to hit the trunk and bounce STRAIGHT back into the listening area, but it sounds good for some reason,lol.

The only thing I can think of is, low notes are LONG, like 30 feet long. And I guess facing up hitting against the trunk lid and bouncing around in the trunk before it's felt in the listening area allows the wave to "play out",lol. Kinda like when you hear a car beatin' from a long ways away, but when it gets close you can't hear the bass as clear, only the rattle. I can't explain it like I wish I could.

But Str8 up, it sounds good.

I might try it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

smokeoff

10+ year member
here's my 3 cents
smokeoff
Cambria,WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date