90/10

Do you mean that the install is more important than the box or that an install entails more than just buiding a proper enclosure? A low end sub in a properly designed enclosure is going to sound better than a competition sub in a shitty box.

What exactly do you guys mean when you say, "build" then?

Thats what people say when they cant afford nice equipment.

If it was 90% install and the equipment didnt matter too much, why do all competitors use high end stuff?

Do you mean that the install is more important than the box or that an install entails more than just buiding a proper enclosure?
this

A low end sub in a properly designed enclosure is going to sound better than a competition sub in a shitty box.
What exactly do you guys mean when you say, "build" then?

yes to a extent, but a competiton sub is meant to be loud

Thats what people say when they cant afford nice equipment.
If it was 90% install and the equipment didnt matter too much, why do all competitors use high end stuff?
Agreed. Install is very important (which is why i'm in the process of tearing my car apart and redoing EVERYTHING) BUT quality products are just as important. I would put it at an even 50/50 as long as the person knows what they are doing.

NO, its always 90% install. IE box.

I have SPANKED individuals that have 4x the cone area, and spent 4x on their given set up.

I dad 146.xx with a type R, and 414 clamped watts of an old kenwood amp.

The install is why I was able to pull those #'s.

Another good example is people on this site.

They build walls, or cram equipment into their cars. Its loud granted, but people could pull the same #'s with no wall and less equipment.

More isn't better. Its like using what you got to the max, kinda like sex?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kodak314

10+ year member
*****es love it low
kodak314
Orlando, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date