$80 precision power

Power is apparently cheap these days lol $165 for the 900.4 on amazon and $80 for the 800.2 on sonic. Either way you get about 200w per channel @ 2 ohms.

its cheap garbage the kids around here will buy and then claim to be good so they can justify not saving and buying something decent. your sundowns much better im sure.
Are you pulling this out of your *** or basing it off of factual evidence? There's bench tests of these amps that show they do exactly what they claim and are in fact great amps. If you want to spend an extra $300 go ahead, I'll spend the money I have left over on things that actually provide noticeably better sound quality.

Welp, since we're talking about ppi, what would you say the difference is between the i520.4, 900.4, or the 1600.4 lol.

I have no idea, we need someone with more expertise to answer that. Other than knowing that one is class AB and one is class D, there's not much else I can say. I'd imagine the AB is larger and runs hotter.

Are you pulling this out of your *** or basing it off of factual evidence? There's bench tests of these amps that show they do exactly what they claim and are in fact great amps. If you want to spend an extra $300 go ahead, I'll spend the money I have left over on things that actually provide noticeably better sound quality.
So what amps do you have experience with?

Welp, since we're talking about ppi, what would you say the difference is between the i520.4, 900.4, or the 1600.4 lol.
The ion520 is a tiny class D that does 100x4 and has fixed high and low pass filters(80hz).

The Phantom 900.4 is a small class D powerhouse that does 145x4 and has active/bandpass crossovers.

The BA1600.4 is a class A/B that does 130x4 and does not have active crossovers.

The BK800.4 is a class A/B that does 130x4 and has active/bandpass crossovers.

The ion520 is a tiny class D that does 100x4 and has fixed high and low pass filters(80hz).The Phantom 900.4 is a small class D powerhouse that does 145x4 and has active/bandpass crossovers.

The BA1600.4 is a class A/B that does 130x4 and does not have active crossovers.

The BK800.4 is a class A/B that does 130x4 and has active/bandpass crossovers.
So running one for a set of components and deciding on one of these amps would be based on weather you want to run active or passive, right?

So running one for a set of components and deciding on one of these amps would be based on weather you want to run active or passive, right?
Well you can still run an active capable amp with passive crossovers. Really depends on your budget and if you want a class D or A/B.

Im looking at replacing my 800.4 with 2 900.4s just because I need more power and want the class D amps for better efficincy than the class A/B amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.