8 vs 1

1 or 8?

• Total voters

nick_05
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
TX
after reading about the 8 re set up i have another sub dillema.......

8 8" re subs in their rec. ported enclosure with 1000-1500 watts

or

1 15" pbx with a 4.7 cube vented enclosure with 300-1500 watts

wich would have more spl and sq? could the 8's get low enough

IF u read what loyd with 16 RE 8's said , they'll get low enough also ull have more aire moving with 8 subs also 8 motor structures going to so SPL / SQ will not be a prob.

I'm going with 8 8's for sure. I mean the 15 will rock, so will the 8's though. It would be really cool to have a killer system of 8's, Loyd I'm jealous :p

IF u read what loyd with 16 RE 8's said , they'll get low enough also ull have more aire moving with 8 subs also 8 motor structures going to so SPL / SQ will not be a prob.
it's 18 8's :thumbsup

does anyone else remember loyd saying something about having a 19th 8 up front for sq purposes....thought i remember him saying that but could someone clarify

it's 18 8's :thumbsup
does anyone else remember loyd saying something about having a 19th 8 up front for sq purposes....thought i remember him saying that but could someone clarify
i think he had some mid bass glassed into the dash, but i dont think it was an 8

having 8 8's is like having 2 15's in cone area and more cone area usualy means better SPL

SQ i dont know because ive never heard that 15 but the 8s have some awesome ass SQ

Getting low end response is mostly a matter of cone area. I guarantee RE 8's have the capability of getting to the lowest octaves, as I said, its only a matter of them not having enough cone area by themselves to do it with the authority that people are use to with bigger subs. But running 8 of them, you'll have plenty of low end output. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i think he had some mid bass glassed into the dash, but i dont think it was an 8

having 8 8's is like having 2 15's in cone area and more cone area usualy means better SPL

SQ i dont know because ive never heard that 15 but the 8s have some awesome ass SQ
yea, i thought he was originally going to run a single 8 up front for sq only....along w/ the mids.....maybe i'm wrong

Not wrong. Loyd had CDT 5.25s in the dash in glassed pods, and he has a 19th RE8 under the dash in a center console made of MDF. Not sure if he's still got it running or not, but I know he did have one in there. Said he usually rode around with the wall cut off and the single RE8 under the dash playing. Not sure if he still does that anymore or not though.

In fact 8 inch subs usually have a lower resonant frequancy than a fifteen. Since you will have about 225 square inches more surface area than one 15" sub, you will definetly feel the low bass. In fact eight of those subs will have more surface area than two 15" subs.

Not wrong. Loyd had CDT 5.25s in the dash in glassed pods, and he has a 19th RE8 under the dash in a center console made of MDF. Not sure if he's still got it running or not, but I know he did have one in there. Said he usually rode around with the wall cut off and the single RE8 under the dash playing. Not sure if he still does that anymore or not though.
thanks for lettin me know josh

I'm trying to convince someone on my Pathfinder forum to get 5 of these. He originally wanted 8 inch sonys. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

nick_05

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
nick_05
TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies