8 10's??

tussle
10+ year member

Ontario
I went down to my car audio shop today... was looking to upgrade my 2 10s to something bigger. Was thinking 2 12's or 2 15's but the owner offered to install 8 10" kenwood subs in my trunk for 900$ canadian (no tax) including a custom ported box. Forget the model names, but they are the kenwood subs with 150 w rms each, and i have an amp big enough to power them all. My question is how loud would this actually be? (all in my trunk in a custom ported box), and is it worth the price? What are my other options to upgrading my subs that are worthwhile. (i have a clarion dpx1001.2 amp.

-thanks

well if you like the idea of 8 subs i thikn it's a decent deal.

since you are from canada you will get raped on duties if you buy from the USA. You can get some really good stuff at good prices still though.

If you are just going for SQ and SPL I think I would go with something different than those subs. You coudl probably get something compairable cheaper. I'm sure someone will suggest something.

Silica on this forum is selling 2 RE HC 15's. They are dual 4 ohm coils. Sweet subs if you are intered in 2 15's.

8 10's would be loud pretty much no matter what brand. If ur goin for just loud then u will get it but dont know about sq cuz i dont know what line of kenwood subs ur getting. My friend has 2 12 inch kenwood (forget what model but they r the cheapest kenwood subs u can buy) and they r deffinately worth the 70 bux total he spent for them. If i was gonna spend that much money (yea i know u get raped cuz ur in canada) i would personally go with something different but thats just my opinon. But the 8 10's would be loud as hell and probably look awesome too. If u do go with the 8 10's post some pics. Hope this helps

8 10" subs would be sweet. As said 8 10" subs no matter what subs will get loud, they should have decent SQ as well. Plus you said what $900 for everything? That's a good deal, I would go with it.

I'm not a huge fan of those subs, I'd rather have 2 really good 12's or 15's than that crap. I didn't like 1 of those subs I don't see how 8 would be any better. Grab a pair of Magnum D2's or Brahmas instead IMO. If you can possibly get a shipping address in the states (i.e. a friend or something) you can go through them...that's how I order my stuff online...I got friends across the border. hehe kiss my butt government

Just my opinion though.

With the amount of space 10 8" subs are going to take up in a ported box in your trunk, I would think a couple of nice 12"s would sound a lot better. In order for subs to do their job, they have to be able to move air, and if your whole trunk is filled with subs and a box, its not gonna be anywhere near what you think its gonna sound like, because there is not enough air to move. However, if your install includes leaving the back seat(and possibly subs firing frontward) down with subs "exposed", it will sound a lot better. Just my opinion,,do as you will with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tussle

10+ year member
tussle
Ontario
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from