6x8 to 6.5 3/4" Mdf speaker adapter

Participant count
  • Participant list

JuicyJeff
10+ year member

Juicy
I have a 2012 Mazda 3 and need basically a 3/4" 6x8-6.5 adapter so I have clearance for the Window. Let me know what you have. Preferably pre-drilled. I am trying to avoid using these 6x8 adapters with the Mdf ring because it looks terrible and will likely leak air

Willing to pay ~$20

Thank you.

Jeff

I contacted that guy and he is willing to make them and has made them before. Now does anybody have the speaker dimensions and mounting hole dimensions for a 2010+ Mazda 3 so he can make the holes in the right spot and the adapters the right size?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Damn, those Brickhouse subs are beefy! 4" coil and big power? Yes please!
just use riv-nuts or clip-nuts, made for blind fastening. some window weld should hold the ring on there pretty good..... being 4x6, you could...
I say go for it. Just add some kind of bracing to the bigger panels. Some old home speaker boxes were made of 3/8" mdf. Maybe not even mdf, some...
Yea. That's what I did. I mixed the glue with the dust from sanding and fill in the bigger holes. Then filled the rest with wood filler..works awesome
Yes Should be easy with a flush trim bit in a router and will allow OP to hide any screws/nails used along edges.

About this thread

JuicyJeff

10+ year member
Juicy
JuicyJeff
Near Cleveland, Oh
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date