67 Plymouth Fury 3-12"s

Zier, you have been in the business for years, but he is right, the trim panels could have been done better. It looks sweet as hell, and then to not do the trimming and you coming on and saying the customer gets what he pays for................Yeah, I am sure he did and he is happy and that is what matters, but you need to take some constructive critiscm a little better. He was right, but still, you have some nice installs.

I am very self critical in regard to the quality of my work

Regardless of the time or budget

My previous statement may have been misunderstood; the time and budget only related to the fiberglass trim out option. A molded fiberglass lip-panel was not practical for this system (some reasons being price and time) others being not what the customer requested

However I took no short cuts in finishing out the trunk, the customer is more than satisfied with the finished project. All the panels fit good and tight (I assure you)

Regardless of what some may think they are seeing

I have seen a lot of bad advice and criticisms being given out on this forum constantly from Unqualified, Unexercised Individuals

The value of criticisms is determined by the quality of the source

I myself have refrained from such practice, not knowing all the detailed information required to make an accurate assessment

I do find the SOURCE entertaining when responding to “Show me your BEST Install”

And the best he could do was a Half done, Wavy, Wrinkled, fiber glassed wall and a bad inverted sub designed trunk job

There is a lot more to Car Audio than gallons and gallons of bondo and resin (that would be more like Auto Body Repair)

DSC06311.jpg

DSC06310.jpg

DSC06320.jpg

DSC06300.jpg

DSC06330.jpg

DSC06329.jpg

DSC06305.jpg

I love that window above the compressor(s). I hope that's VIAIR products in there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ok i guess zier thinks we are talking about where the panels meet.. i was talkin about where the panel comes to the edge of trunk ,,, where the weather seal

what the customer pays for

I think you guys are crazy for saying the trim panels dont fit right. I see what you guys mean with it not flushing up to the edge of the trunk opening but thats not what this install would need.

Its all mdf beauty panels, why would he want to glass the edges to flush it out on all these wrapped beauty panels? The idea seems silly to me, maybe if he was making a couple glassed pieces at each side, but honestly, that would have been an entirely different project in itself.

Just my .02

I think you guys are crazy for saying the trim panels dont fit right. I see what you guys mean with it not flushing up to the edge of the trunk opening but thats not what this install would need.
Its all mdf beauty panels, why would he want to glass the edges to flush it out on all these wrapped beauty panels? The idea seems silly to me, maybe if he was making a couple glassed pieces at each side, but honestly, that would have been an entirely different project in itself.

Just my .02

yeah but the blue carpet does stick out i woulda at least wrapped that piece as well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

zierbox

10+ year member
Only The Very Best
zierbox
texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date