600watt Kenwood amp, what speakers to use???

1963Lowrider
10+ year member

I have a 600 watt kenwood amp, i got it last year and since i've bought it i blew 2 subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif. One was a 600w kenwood 12". I want to be able to turn the amp all the way up without blowin the speaker or burning out the amp. What 2 12s should i buy. P.S. i dont have that much to spend either. i would like to spend 150$ for 2 12s but ill do wat i gota do to get the right set up. Are there any places online i could order speakers cheap? help me out, i appreciated it. thanks

I have a pair of Atomic Energy subs, Very loud off 600 watts.... they are 300rms a piece. so 600 watts would be perfect.. I can ship them to you for 125 shipped.

no, I understood your question. What I stated was that you should never have your gains turned all the way up (causes clipping which will destroy your subs, which obviously you have already gone through two of them) but anyways:

the answer to your question is google //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

the 2 speakers i blew were a 7 yr old kenwood and a best buy spk. both are garbage and i was hypotheticly sayin i want tough speakers. Im lookin for help and i dont get y ppl rather be negative then helpin someone out. google isnt helpin, thats y im on the forum, im not a audio guy but i thought i could find some on here, there are alot of subs i have no clue how good they are. kenwood, audiobahn, mtx, pioneer, infinity are names i kno but Atomic Energy and names like that i dont know about

I have a 600 watt kenwood amp, i got it last year and since i've bought it i blew 2 subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif. One was a 600w kenwood 12". I want to be able to turn the amp all the way up without blowin the speaker or burning out the amp. What 2 12s should i buy. P.S. i dont have that much to spend either. i would like to spend 150$ for 2 12s but ill do wat i gota do to get the right set up. Are there any places online i could order speakers cheap? help me out, i appreciated it. thanks
OK, now am i going crazy BigWorm, you said im not very clear? i thought i said i would like to spend 150$ for 2 12s

And how much would those P3 and P2 run me?

PLUS anyone ever been to choicecaraudio.com? I have 150 to spend without a doubt, with a 600w new kenwood amp. I seen Pioneers, MTX's, and some other subs but i have absolutly no clue wat to buy or where to go. I figure if i go to a audio shop they'll charge me more then if i buy online. But if thats so where online should i go. Help me out ppl. thanks

Is this a good deal? Are they good with my amp? Any opinions? And what type of specs should i look for? What ohms and rms's.

* BUY 1, GET 1 FREE * Kicker 07C128

2 subs for the price of 1, 12" Single 8 ohms Comp Series C128 C12

2 12" Component Subwoofers • Peak: 600 watts per pair / 300 watts each • RMS: 300 watts per pair / 150 watts each • 8 Ohm • Vacuum Formed Polymineral Cone • Double Stitched Polyfoam Ribbed Surround • Ultra-Length Voice Coil • Rear Cone Brace

To fully be able to help you out here are a few question for you to answer:

1) Do you have a box already?

2) What are the specs of it (sealed cubic feet, vented cubic feet tuned to)?

3) If you do not have a box how much room do you have for a box?

4) What would you prefer sealed or vented?

5) What model is your amp?

Get two MTX 5500 12", they are rated at 300 rms each. I had two running off of a 250/1 Jl audio they worked fine. Now I have them running off of a 500/1 Jl audio. Great subs

well i already have a box, and the box is from best buy. its a pretty nice box, ported. it came with SPX's and thats tha brand of tha box as well, SPX pro audio. I dont know tha specs of tha box but i have a tape measure so i can measure it. I have to get 12's and i really don't wanna get used subs. thats y if anyone knows of a good place to order subs online, let me kno.

What ohm's and rms's and other specs should i be looking for:

The amp is a Kenwood KAC-9102D. Like i said i have 150 to spend without a doubt, so thats tha range i wana spend. Thanks ppl

CHECK THIS OUT:

Rockford Fosgate P1S412

Punch Stage 1 12" 4-ohm subwoofer IN STOCK

Polypropylene cone

poly-foam surround

50-150 watts RMS power range

2 for 120$

Polk Audio db1240DVC

db Series 12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils IN STOCK

polypropylene cone with Santoprene rubber surround

50-360 watts RMS power range

frequency response: 27-200Hz

2 for 150$

Kenwood KFC-W3011

12" 4-ohm subwoofer IN STOCK

Polypropylene cone with stainless steel finish

rubber surround

50-400 watts RMS power range

2 for 130$

Sony XS-L124P5B

12" 4-ohm subwoofer IN STOCK

Five-sided polypropylene cone

rubber surround

90-380 watts RMS power range

2 for 150$

Opinions ppl: GOOD DEAL or bad deal? & What Would You Choose w/ my amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.