6.5"s or an 8"

Participant count
  • Participant list

kingpin_jeffie
10+ year member

i need a vacation...
Erie, PA
I drive a 1985 Pontiac Parisienne. Ok quit laughing. anywho I already have a 4" comp. set in the factory dash locations however I'm seriously lacking midbass response from these. So I toyed with the idea of custom door pods or kick panels. These however are not feasable do to space restrictions. So main idea now is to make a fiberglass enclosure under my HU on top of the center "hump" or whatever you call it and fit it with either a pair of 6.5's or a single 8". So Im just wondering in your opinions what would work best? Personally I feel the 8" would be **** cool up front but Im open to all ideas. Keep in mind that I will be powering this with 2 channels on a RF 600a4 (75x4@4ohms) and that I already have a 15a in the trunk so Im more concerned with the front stage being loud but not extremely bassy.

Thanks

The Parisienne I think is a B Body style, same as my Olds Delta. I managed to put 5.25's in the doors, below the armrest and toward the front. It made a world of difference.

For midrange a pair of 6.5's would be better than an 8, but you'll need a sealed box that'll be tough to integrate under the dash.

Ive been lookng at the doors and it probably would be possible to drop some 5.25's in there but its looking like more work than it would take to make a small enclosure under the dash.

I don't know though I need to pull the door apart to really see what I would need to do.

In regards to 6.5's under the dash any idea on if this would help or is the location dooming this project from the start?

well if u can find a 6.5" mid driver i'd put them in the center console if u cant get anything in the doors.....jus make sure they are angled properly.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kingpin_jeffie

10+ year member
i need a vacation...
kingpin_jeffie
Erie, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date