'55 Pontiac Starchief

suicide the doors!
Some day I will own a late 60's Lincoln with the rear suicide doors. Those cars are so badass. Example :

1968-lincoln-continental-7.jpg

However, for now, this car won't be receiving mods that are nearly that extensive with the exception of the airbag suspension. Maybe... maybe long term, when money allows, I'll consider a 3 inch chop or so with a section of 2 to 3 inches taken out of the body. If that ever happens, that is when the car retires from regular driver duties and turns into a full blown show car.

So... after some welding of some sheet metal over the gap for the driveshaft, some quick and sloppy fiberglassing to fill in some of the gaps in the sheet metal, a nights worth of stripping the headliner, matting and rust off of the roof the inside of the car looked like this on Monday Night.

MondayNight_1csvbyx9nybl5t9o4kou.jpg

Since I only had 4 days left to get everything ready I did some cleanup last night and the car now looks like this.

TuesNightFront_g71bprtzczxob9e9x1o9.jpg

TuesNightRear_67mc2fiqcerlrcftjpq9.jpg

Ipod assembly was started last night, and hopefully everything else I need for my little system will be purchased tonight. If not, then I may just have to do without some tunes for this weekend which will **** in a major way.

3 days to go.

Well... what a great weekend and a fantastic show.

I pulled an all-nighter Thursday night putting in the amps, wiring and such. Some steps took a bit longer than others and most of this install was "spur of the moment", lets put ****

wherever it fits. Yes, some of it is hideously ugly, but this install was for this weekend only and I'm already in the process of removing the equipment for (a) a cleaner installation; and (b) better equipment!

Here is a profile shot of the whole car all after returning home, all shined up with the hubcaps on.

Profile_0u3sx11kv9teb7o5u4lc.jpg

Dash shot. If you know where to look you can see the master on/off switch and the volume knob as well as some wiring hanging down. You can also see a bit of the sub amp mounted under the dash (upside down) on the right side.

Dash1_j54reqix5yv82nxiyvk3.jpg

ipod, charger and RCA's fit nicely into the ash tray.

Ipod1_m7d18hk6865800f37l6h.jpg

Here is the switch that turns off/on the Ipod charger and remote turn on's for the amps. You can also see the RCA volume knob that controls the volume for the system and well as the bottom part of my old-school Punch 40 amp mounted under the dash to the firewall.

controlamp_cy2xze12pue79zrk1ecp.jpg

Here is a shot of the Fosgate P3001 mounted upside down under the dash on the passenger side, as well as a nice shot of my $20 Walmart coaxials. hey, I was on a budget and needed speakers, like NOW!

Amp2_8pqkkrlkxhpqdhd2yas7.jpg

Yes, I ghetto rigged the batteries and squeezed them (sideways) onto the same battery tray. The 2nd battery is an Orbital I bought locally just the night before.

Batteries_dsv51y5bk81ztbezid2u.jpg

All in all, it sounded OK and looked like **** if you knew where to look. Time to fix that and get to business (and take my time with it!).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

1LOWCHIEF

10+ year member
1LOWCHIEF
Central Cali
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from