5"by7" Speaker Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cbear

Hey,

This is my first post here and I was just wondering if I could get some help. I'm starting on my system for my explorer and just got the head unit so far( alpine 9807). I want to replace the factory speakers, and am looking for the best speakers I can for a reasonable price( Up to 150-200 a pair).

Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

-Colin

(AIM name is AychamoCbear)

If your looking for the best SQ. Look at 5 1/4" components for the front and some simple 5x7" or 5 1/4" coax. for the back. Spend more of your money on the comps in front to get the best sound. Use the rear speakers for rear-fil and don't let them overtake the front imaging.

You will want to get a 4ch. amp to power your speakers.

An amp will give you much better SQ than the H/U power.

You been looking at subwoofers for the future?

Good Luck!

as far as price goes check http://www.ikesound.com

check out the alpine type r's, infinity kappas, rf and kicker components...

onlinecarstereo.com / the zeb have good stuff too but i'd go w/ikesound b/c u'll most likely find something w/in ur price range, HOWEVER w/speakers - everyone's taste is different, remember that (food for thought)

check out purecaraudio.com , they have the best prices that i have found so far.
they do have good prices but ike's cheaper, depending on product.....

purecaraudio takes forever to deliver on the east coast

Hey, This is my first post here and I was just wondering if I could get some help. I'm starting on my system for my explorer and just got the head unit so far( alpine 9807). I want to replace the factory speakers, and am looking for the best speakers I can for a reasonable price( Up to 150-200 a pair).

Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

-Colin

(AIM name is AychamoCbear)

i'm about to get some kappa's 5x7 for 76.50$ rms is only 100 watts, which will sound nice off of my hifonivs

If your looking for the best SQ. Look at 5 1/4" components for the front and some simple 5x7" or 5 1/4" coax. for the back. Spend more of your money on the comps in front to get the best sound. Use the rear speakers for rear-fil and don't let them overtake the front imaging.
You will want to get a 4ch. amp to power your speakers.

An amp will give you much better SQ than the H/U power.

You been looking at subwoofers for the future?

Good Luck!
That's basically exactly what I would've said. I own a 93 explorer, I got 5 1/4" comps int he front. They are Alpine Type-X, last year's model. You can catch some on ikesound.com before they go out of stock. They are phenomenal speakers. I also have simply alpine type-s 5x7 coaxes in the back.

Your explorer, stock, is 6x8's all around I presume? That means you can either go with 5 1/4" components and not have to cut anything, or cut the door and put some 6.5's in, which might sound a little better, midbass-wise.

I recommend a USX-4065 for a 4-channel amp, too. Or you can buy warren's hifonics which is in the amplifier classifieds... a lot of options.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Cbear

Cbear
Maryland
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
BonusBobo