5-1/2" speaker box

Participant count
  • Participant list

Isuzu95
10+ year member

I'm making a set of speaker boxes for my rear components and wanted to know what type of enclosures I should make for them. I am most likely going to be using MDF. Should I seal the enclosure or ported?? And is it better if I make the enclosure bigger?

By the way, they are Clarion 5.25" 170watt components. I'm placing them, facing forward close to the rear headrests.

Thanks!

I'm making a set of speaker boxes for my rear components and wanted to know what type of enclosures I should make for them. I am most likely going to be using MDF. Should I seal the enclosure or ported?? And is it better if I make the enclosure bigger?
By the way, they are Clarion 5.25" 170watt components. I'm placing them, facing forward close to the rear headrests.

Thanks!

hrmmm never heard of doing that.. but if your going to do it you can get MDF that is thinner than 3/4".. ohh and I would of course go sealed..

Are you going to add a sub later?

D

Ya I do have subs.. I have 3 12" fosgates in the trunk (custom fit), but I could barely hear my rear components because they face upward... So I want to build an enclosure to face them forward.

So do you think I should make the smallest box possible for the components??

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.