4x6s? any decent?

Nothing. Dont worry about them especially in a regular cab pickup. Just concentrate on a nice comp set indoor or indash. Also something to think about...a friend of mine has a comp set up front but then he also has an additional set of tweeters above and behind him. Sounds pretty nice.

i have some pioneer premier 4x6s there but they sound like ****, i must have blown them. and i have some premier components up front, i blew the 6.5s and my friend has some boston acustics laying around so i threw them in there, they sound sweet, but i was thinking. I have a pioneer amp i think the 560 watt 4 channel to my speakers, should i disconnect the rear 2 and bridge the front two for more power? im guess thats just asking for me to blow them. But maybe i can just get a much better set of components and bridge my amp to those?

I have a pioneer amp i think the 560 watt 4 channel to my speakers, should i disconnect the rear 2 and bridge the front two for more power? im guess thats just asking for me to blow them. But maybe i can just get a much better set of components and bridge my amp to those?
Yea sounds like a good idea. Go for a higher end comp set that is bi-amp capable and youll be golden.

**** thats all i gotta say, i bridged the channels to run my front components and phased out the back, and its loud as all hell and sounds **** good without distortion. my components are ghetto rigged though, im runnin the 6.5 from a boston acustics FS component set, and the tweeter and xover from the pioneer REV series. sounds better than expected.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

substance

10+ year member
substance
houston
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from