4 RCA's, 4 CH. Amp, No Sound in Rear?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I replaced my old Total Mobile Audio 4 Chan. amp with a brand new 4 CH Alpine 600 watt amp (my old TMA amp blew two of my type R 6.5's). Everything worked fine with my TMA amp, so it should have been as easy as unscrewing the wires and screwing them back in... My speakers are directly wired to the amp and I have 2 sets of RCAs from the amp to the HU. Only one set of speakers will work at a time. When I have the fronts running (they sound good and work fine) the rears only put out a very light sound. I know that I can get an RCA connector 4 to 2 but I want to know what the real problem is. When I first hooked up the amp, none of the speakers would work. The real low sound would come out but that it. I have some ground issues with my HU. I had to wrap a piece of wire around one of the RCA inputs on the back of my deck to one, get the nasty ground noise out and 2 it let a set of speakers work correctly. I already did this prior to installing the amp but I had to tighten up the wire to get it so sound would come out of the speakers. Somebody please help me in these very frustrating times. Is it the amp, the HU or a bad ground? (I also have a mono alpine amp running my sub.)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.