4 jl w7

Participant count
  • Participant list
Bandpass or ported, also facing back or front or each other in à truck back seat.thinking about a 46w 34h 26d box? Any suggestions.?
First if all, DAMN! That is going to be one brutal setup. Will you be using 1200/1 amps or something more conventional? I have never had anything remotely close to this power class, but from an aesthetic POV, I say facing forward or up and ported. Those subs are the nicest looking subs IMO. Too unique to hide in a box. I assume the truck is a crew-cab and you are not contemplating a rat hole?

For an spl or sql oriented system, I'd choose different subs. I never really liked the w7 ported or bandpassed. Doesn't make alot of sense of pay out the nose for that flat BL curve and xmax, when xmech, power handling and efficiency are more important for sp/sql. The w7 isn't the most efficient sub either.

For an spl or sql oriented system, I'd choose different subs. I never really liked the w7 ported or bandpassed. Doesn't make alot of sense of pay out the nose for that flat BL curve and xmax, when xmech, power handling and efficiency are more important for sp/sql. The w7 isn't the most efficient sub either.
Good to know, but I already bought the subs and I wanted American made.not the China crap so I'm moving forward with my setup all jl

First if all, DAMN! That is going to be one brutal setup. Will you be using 1200/1 amps or something more conventional? I have never had anything remotely close to this power class, but from an aesthetic POV, I say facing forward or up and ported. Those subs are the nicest looking subs IMO. Too unique to hide in a box. I assume the truck is a crew-cab and you are not contemplating a rat hole?
Yeah I'm super excited about it and yes 1200/1 HD four of them one for each sub all JL tweeters,mids yes I agree they are a good looking sub.facing forward would look nice but I've always have faced all my setup facing back port's as well I think it make for better bass.and also I'm having a custom box made MDF wood.thanks for the suggestions and compliments. I will be putting the truck in car shows and bass compilation this year with this setup that's why I'm going big.

. I will be putting the truck in car shows and bass compilation this year with this setup that's why I'm going big.
I know it will sound awesome. I have a single 12w7 in a sealed box and get complimented by people who are not into things that go boom. You know how negative those can be, so that testifies to JL quality sound. If you could post pics of the build it would be appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Chi-towns FINNEST

CarAudio.com Newbie
Chi-towns FINNEST
Fort worth, texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views