4 12" cvr or 4 12" type r's????

Xtremebass5
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
il
I got a Cadence ZRS10 amp 2500watts @1ohm and i was wondering if i should go with 4 12" cvrs or 4 12" type rs? seeing each sub will only be getting 625 watts each! will be in a external port type of box.. in a scion xb. let me know which i should get thanks tim

I'd get the CVR's only to save some green because in the right box there isn't going to be a difference that youll be able to tell in output going w/ the type r's. Maybe a tenth or so on a mic.

I'd get the CVR's only to save some green because in the right box there isn't going to be a difference that youll be able to tell in output going w/ the type r's. Maybe a tenth or so on a mic.
There would defiantly be more than a tenth. Type R's are tougher subs, period.

there is no way to tell if it would be a tenth... how did you come up with this idea?

Type R's are definitely going to get louder for you. And once you get a chance, you can strap another amp on with that one, give those r's 1200 or so each and have a lot of fun :)

I love the CVR's and what they'll do on around 350-400w rms but when you have a true 650 to throw at a Type R you'll enjoy it.

R over the CVR for the win in this case.

Funny this thread popped up. I have 4 CVRs now and thinking about swapping to 4 Rs. Only got 1500 RMS to play with tho. What should I do?

Funny this thread popped up. I have 4 CVRs now and thinking about swapping to 4 Rs. Only got 1500 RMS to play with tho. What should I do?
May not really make much of a difference if you switch. R's like a little bit more power than their rated rms.

WTF? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Anyway, I would say the R's, but if going over the RMS, just be careful with the gains.

I blew one of mine and was only seeing the RMS rating. Still worked well for a couple years.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Xtremebass5

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Xtremebass5
il
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date