3000GT/Stealth High Output Alternator

Participant count
  • Participant list

mk_
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Tempe, AZ
I have a high output alternator for a 3000GT/Stealth. It is an excessive amperage alternator, that is rated at 200amps. Never had any problems with this unit. It is used, and in fully working condition. Can provide pics for anyone that is interested. It is out of a 1994 Stealth but should be interchangeable with other 3kgt's and stealth's.

Make an offer.. I'll say I'm looking for $300 for this for sake of having a price. Let me know if you're interested and I'm sure we can work something out.

Michael

did it come out of a tt wold like pics for sure i kno u said 94 would it work with a 93 does it bolt right up? srry for so many questions also what does it do at ideal

Questions are good. It came out of a SOHC engine but according to Nate @ EA, he shows it fitting in 3kgt's up to 1995 which would be the DOHC engine. Even so, he checked on higher years, and they have the same casing and plugs so he thought it would work with those too. When I bought it, it was actually made to fit a DOHC engine, so I was biting my nails as to whether or not it would fit my SOHC. It fit perfectly and found out later that DOHC stock alts would fit SOHC, and SOHC stock alts would NOT fit DOHC. Moral of my story here is that this was made to fit a DOHC engine and happened to fit in my SOHC as luck would have it. Your '93 being a DOHC engine(don't think they made SOHC 3kgt's that year??), I believe it would fit.

I'm unsure about the idle amperage, but I can tell you that I never had any problems with lights dimming or the like. I, of course, made sure that my electrical was rock solid.

Michael

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

mk_

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
mk_
Tempe, AZ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied