Southeast Region 2X IASCA show in Clarksville, GA Dec. 1st

AR,AL,GA,FL,KY,LA,MS,NC,SC,TN,VA
    Participant count
  • Participant list
It was a small show but quite fun. Got to meet CX-7 and take a listen to his very nice SQ system. He even got to have a bass boxing contest to see who was loudest in the rookie 3 class. That was fun to watch!

Hmmm, nothing spectacular. These were all on a Termlab

High SPL was a 147.3 I believe with 4 12's in a SUV. 2nd was 146.7 I believe in Stock 1 from a single 12 in a SUV. I had a 143.1 with a trio of 8's in Stock 1. In Rookie 3 it was a battle. Winner was a 138.8 and 2nd was a 138.7. Did a Bass Boxing match to settle things. That is all I remember off the top of my head. There were a few in the middle to upper 30's.

pete , are there going to be more shows up there? im not sure if rad is going to have many in the panhandle and i cant get any shows in my area (pensacola) and going to orlando in my van is out of the question lol

According to Tim and Allison they are going to hold a few more in the area. Also, Chris Robinson (Turtle) is an IASCA judge now and he will be doing some in the panhandle also so you might want to check with him.

This is his website

https://www.northflcaraudio.com/

And for some reason I was thinking of you yesterday and wondering if you still competed. Mike from Funkin was at the show yesterda and the 2 loudest cars of the day had Funkin in them.

Here is CX-7's final run with windows open and 4 people in the car. Amazingly it was only .2 dB louder than what he could do sealed up and on the dash. And this is not a test tone, this is playing music.

1243_122.jpg

Ya, the show was a lot of fun, I met some very good people. Petey, don't down yourself, you hit 143.2 with those nasty little 8's!! I think I'll focus on sq, I don't think I'm competitive in spl, at least with that setup. It was wierd though, I have some disgusting window flex, moving tons of air, but just can't post up a great number. Everybody who sat in my car said it should have been way louder, I may play with a ported box, and see what happens. The guy who beat me had 3 type r 12's ported in a ranger xcab off of 1000 watts. Props to him, he was a cool guy. I learned some things, and fixed my phasing problem with the help of another nice guy who has some really crazy ideas but isnt afraid to cut the crap out of his truck to try them. Lotsa fun overall, I placed 2nd in rookie 3 spl, and 2nd in rookie sq( before my phasing got fixed... woulda prolly been 1st but oh well).

Ya, the show was a lot of fun, I met some very good people. Petey, don't down yourself, you hit 143.2 with those nasty little 8's!! I think I'll focus on sq, I don't think I'm competitive in spl, at least with that setup. It was wierd though, I have some disgusting window flex, moving tons of air, but just can't post up a great number. Everybody who sat in my car said it should have been way louder, I may play with a ported box, and see what happens. The guy who beat me had 3 type r 12's ported in a ranger xcab off of 1000 watts. Props to him, he was a cool guy. I learned some things, and fixed my phasing problem with the help of another nice guy who has some really crazy ideas but isnt afraid to cut the crap out of his truck to try them. Lotsa fun overall, I placed 2nd in rookie 3 spl, and 2nd in rookie sq( before my phasing got fixed... woulda prolly been 1st but oh well).
more than likely it is your box tuning. and knowing which tone to play. that can really bring you up in score. I know when I had single 12 MT in my Jeep GC. it sounded really loud because the box tuning was so low and flexed everything. with my MT 18 in a 4.5cube 45hz box. it does a 147-148 on TL but things dont flex as much

Well, there really is no tuning, it is in a sealed box. I just have to get some TL time, and find my note to see what happens, I would think I can get into the low 40's at least.

Well, there really is no tuning, it is in a sealed box. I just have to get some TL time, and find my note to see what happens, I would think I can get into the low 40's at least.
port that thing man! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

peteyglad

10+ year member
peteyglad
Atlanta, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from