2002 Buick Century Rear Seat Removal ????

Millertime1028
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Can someone please help me out with this . Ive been trying to help my friend remove his back seat in his 02' Buick Century (wish they just folded down) because his bass is extremly muddy and it ***** becuase he has excellent subs back there and it sounds like **** up front . What is the right way to remove these seats ?? Appreciate any help .. Thanks

I'd bet you take out the bottom...(push back then lift up) then there will be bolts holding the back on, take them out, lift up and you're done.

That's how every fixed GM rear seat I've ever seen comes out...

I'd bet you take out the bottom...(push back then lift up) then there will be bolts holding the back on, take them out, lift up and you're done.
That's how every fixed GM rear seat I've ever seen comes out...
ya in my grandprix its like that. look for 2 tabs that you can pull on under the seat cushion. that should release it. then a couple bolts and lift up, there could be hooks holding the back to the metal of the trunk.

The rear seat should not be an issue, I have had a few installs with non folding rear seats and still got plenty of output inside the car. Hell, I had a JL 12w6v2 sealed in the trunk of my 93 Buick Lesabre and it put out fine, plenty of bass in the cabin.

I have notice a difference in my Crown Vic when my rear seat was out and the additional output, but I had plenty of volume with it still in place.

If your getting "muddy bass" from a pair of 12w6v2, and a 1000/1 something is seriously wrong with the install. I would check the setting on the HU first and work my way back to the amp before I tried to remove that seat.

Dont get me wrong there is plenty bass output . Open the trunk and listen and it sounds mint . Clean and accurate bass . Now, Shut the trunk then listen from inside, the "fullness" that we are trying to achieve is just not there . As for something being wrong , a very reputable local shop did the install for him and I checked over absolutely every amp/deck adjustments, wire connections etc myself too make sure things were up to par . All was good . So it really only leads down to the rear seat . Its so **** insulated lol.

All right , so I got the rear seat out yesterday after about 5 min of trying what you guys recommended. Then cut the thick (way thicker then I thought it would be) rubber sound deadener which is what sealed off the trunk from the interior, only too leave a perfectly nice 4 sq ft of gaping hole into the trunk lol .. We put on the Bass I love you track and God Dam .. That rear seat was the culprit of the muddy bass . The bass is so much more defined and accurate now .. After we listened to a few songs with no rear seat we decided to see how it would sound with the rear seat put back on (mind you that we got rid of that serious rubber sound deadener) . It still sounded pretty darn well with the seat back up . Just want to say Thanks to those who helped me out with this ..

All right , so I got the rear seat out yesterday after about 5 min of trying what you guys recommended. Then cut the thick (way thicker then I thought it would be) rubber sound deadener which is what sealed off the trunk from the interior, only too leave a perfectly nice 4 sq ft of gaping hole into the trunk lol .. We put on the Bass I love you track and God Dam .. That rear seat was the culprit of the muddy bass . The bass is so much more defined and accurate now .. After we listened to a few songs with no rear seat we decided to see how it would sound with the rear seat put back on (mind you that we got rid of that serious rubber sound deadener) . It still sounded pretty darn well with the seat back up . Just want to say Thanks to those who helped me out with this ..

Cool, im glad you got it sounding how you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.