1ga OFC

ive seen a couple youtube videos either praising or talking smack about the jacketing on welding wire. would looming the whole run be necessary?
no. If you are talking about that video from that guy that cant even pronounce tinned copper or knukonceptz or calls CCA KCA and says OCF instead of OFC.... Idk if you should be listening to anyone like that for any car audio advice..... Also because the tests are around 4 gauge and he used junk braded welding wire. I can tell you there is no easy way you are getting through the jacket of either the royal or eb flex 2/0 without some bolt cutters let alone some weak sand paper. Its actually a pain in the @ss when you have 4/0 welding cable, nothing cuts through it easy, takes a fkton of work just to cut because of how thick and hard it is.

You definitely dont need any kind of protection or loom at all. tell you the truth i dont even run rubber grommets for my 4/0 welding cable, all that sharp metal edges havent even put a scratch on the insulation the past year.

You need to remember, welding cable is highly regulated with much higher standards of quality than car audio cable which has zero regulations. Consider the work conditions of both, which one needs more current to pass through with less resistance? which is exposed to heat for a much longer period of time? Which is used on a shop floor a majority of the times? Vs what? being ran through a fire wall? being in an engine bay? psh.

no. If you are talking about that video from that guy that cant even pronounce tinned copper or knukonceptz or calls CCA KCA and says OCF instead of OFC.... Idk if you should be listening to anyone like that for any car audio advice..... Also because the tests are around 4 gauge and he used junk braded welding wire. I can tell you there is no easy way you are getting through the jacket of either the royal or eb flex 2/0 without some bolt cutters let alone some weak sand paper. Its actually a pain in the @ss when you have 4/0 welding cable, nothing cuts through it easy, takes a fkton of work just to cut because of how thick and hard it is.
You definitely dont need any kind of protection or loom at all. tell you the truth i dont even run rubber grommets for my 4/0 welding cable, all that sharp metal edges havent even put a scratch on the insulation the past year.

You need to remember, welding cable is highly regulated with much higher standards of quality than car audio cable which has zero regulations. Consider the work conditions of both, which one needs more current to pass through with less resistance? which is exposed to heat for a much longer period of time? Which is used on a shop floor a majority of the times? Vs what? being ran through a fire wall? being in an engine bay? psh.
Perfectly logical and well put. Thanks man! That helps settle my mind before pulling the trigger. Much appreciated as always!

I called to order 75 feet of it but they don't ship to military addresses overseas (APO/FPO). Paying shipping twice to get it to me is almost as much as the wire!
u should be able to find something closer to where u are., if u do and they won't ship to the base u need a local address to ship to..

maybe but has lots of strands
more strands = more flexibility. nothing more, nothing less. Actual diameter of conductor is the key.

We all start somewhere, and it seems you found this forum and learned lots!

Thats Awesome! Same reason im here!

Just be sure to spread correct info.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.