151.3 good or not

millinivation
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i went to a comp today and ran the new box i built(tuned around 48hz) and did a 151.3 in a 4 door tahoe. the subs are 2 eclipse titanium 15s with 1000 watts each. everyone there said this score was real good but what do yall think from what youvwe seen at comps. it was usac so i assume the mic was pretty tight. any responces appreciated.

its a good score, but i think that with 2000w going to your subs in a ported box you MIGHT, i say might, be able to hit some higher numbers.

but then again, eclipse subs are more for SQ...so its a good number. congrats.

-nate

Originally posted by nswartley he said that it was at a USAC comp....do they have a mic specific to those comps?

-nate
I am not very familiar with USAC...I believe they use the AC...

I cant remeber the exact mic..but they are very accurate..i wouldnt go as far to say that they are as accurate as a LIN X..But that score is pretty dead on..I would say that its a very nice score!! Next is to a NSPL comp and try out the Lin x! and then the new Termlab mics!! HE HE

Blake

good score but as mentioned above... fine tune it a little better and you could even get some higher numbers...

good job.

yea i was talking to some people at the comp and they said it was good. all my electrical system is stock so i need to upgrade the alt definitely. i am also going to dynamat the cargo area because it flexes a lot right now. i need a few extra batts and maybe a cap. what do yall think about batcap? are they good? there is another usac comp here in aobut 3 weeks so im going to try and tweak it to gain as much more as possibly. any other suggestions on how to gain any more db. if it comes down to it i am going to build a box tuned around 60-70. thanks in advance.

Originally posted by millinivation yea i was talking to some people at the comp and they said it was good. all my electrical system is stock so i need to upgrade the alt definitely. i am also going to dynamat the cargo area because it flexes a lot right now. i need a few extra batts and maybe a cap. what do yall think about batcap? are they good? there is another usac comp here in aobut 3 weeks so im going to try and tweak it to gain as much more as possibly. any other suggestions on how to gain any more db. if it comes down to it i am going to build a box tuned around 60-70. thanks in advance.
i wouldnt tune it that high. tune it to your cars resonent (cant spell) frequency and youll get the most spl out of it

Originally posted by furiousedge how do you find the resonant frequency of your vehicle?
Get a radio shack meter. Have a single 10/12 inch sub in a SEALED box. Place the sub outside the car take SPL with the meter from 35-80hz(It does not have to be at high volume, since the Radio Shack meter only goes up to 126db). Graph your results on a line graph.

Now place the sub in the car and do the same test with 35-80hz. Using the same graph, graph the results you got from inside your car with a different color pencil/pen.

Okay now look on your graph, the parts where your lines are FARTHEST apart, that is your resonant frequency. You may have more than 1, so don't fret if you peak at both 45hz and 70hz. This procedure is about 30min of your time, if you have a friend it is faster. The end result is worth it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

millinivation

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
millinivation
baton rouge
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date