$150

CFader

LA
Whats been good guys? Well I finally received my 10" strato and 400.1 amp from Audio Technix. I went to a local car audio shop and they gave me a quote of 150 for installation and the wiring that is required. Unfortunately I have no idea how install and really don't want to deal with doing it. So my question to you guys do I continue to shop around or is this a normal price range shops charge?

Well u really don't know what they charge at a local shop to be exact but I usually charge friends neighbors people around 40 dollars for installation of a bass amplifier. The wire I would say is 4 gauge.

Idk wat brand. Ofc? Cca? But ive seen some 4 gauge go for about 20-40 dollars locally. If ur going to need a hi low converter that's about another 15 dollars. maybe look around. If the guy that gave u the quote is not the same one that installs it. Try asking the guy that does the install to do it on the side.

The shops that I know will sell a good brand name 4 gauge amp kit like stinger for ~$100 and ~$50 to put everything in so seems ok depending on amp kit quality

Yeah I got a hold of a cousin that knows someone that can do the installation. A member on this forum told me to go with 8 gauge wiring kit, but the guy that's going to do the job said I am better going with a 4 gauge amp kit. So I am kind of stuck. Also, does it matter if the wires are ofc or not? I noticed the ofc onces cost a bit more.

Went with the Audio Technix kit. Thanks for the help. The guy is going to charge me 30 for the installation the shop was going to charge me 75 for the installation alone. **** it easy guys. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

That's a fair price for sure, remember he also has to run rca's as well. Of course you can find a friend to do it cheaper however if anything goes wrong it's on you. the shop of course is insured. Nothing wring with getting friends to do it as long as they know what they're doing and don't mess up your ride

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CFader

CFader
LA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
t-money