15 XXX Box

Moocow16
10+ year member

Master of Puppets
Detroit
Since my dreams of getting 2 15k's was demolished, i've been in search of a new powerplant, and i think i've decided on a single 15" XXX. This being said, i will be in need of a good box for pure spl, and i can concoct a box for daily driving later. Since i have no experience with the XXX, I'm going by what you guys say and what RE says, so i hope you guys are right. As for space, i have plenty, although i would prefer to keep it below 6 cu. ft. any suggestions?

I've got one in a 5.5 ported box tuned to about 32 running off of a d2 right now and it sounds amazing. Just a suggestion //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Originally posted by Moocow16 Since my dreams of getting 2 15k's was demolished, i've been in search of a new powerplant, and i think i've decided on a single 15" XXX. This being said, i will be in need of a good box for pure spl, and i can concoct a box for daily driving later. Since i have no experience with the XXX, I'm going by what you guys say and what RE says, so i hope you guys are right. As for space, i have plenty, although i would prefer to keep it below 6 cu. ft. any suggestions?
well, i can tell you what snova will say //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif make the box as big as possible and tune it to the optimum frequency for massive SPL

Originally posted by nswartley for competitors.....no :p

bumpin yota put 3 subs in about 27ft^3 or sumthing....

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Okay I stand corrected //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Thats fukin huge 27ft^3. What kind and size of subs?

Originally posted by RMKrider1 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Okay I stand corrected //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Thats fukin huge 27ft^3. What kind and size of subs?
they were dd9515s.....

Originally posted by Moocow16 Since my dreams of getting 2 15k's was demolished, i've been in search of a new powerplant, and i think i've decided on a single 15" XXX. This being said, i will be in need of a good box for pure spl, and i can concoct a box for daily driving later. Since i have no experience with the XXX, I'm going by what you guys say and what RE says, so i hope you guys are right. As for space, i have plenty, although i would prefer to keep it below 6 cu. ft. any suggestions?
sounds familiar... lol that is exactly what i have.

If you are going for totally SPL then don't go by what the website says, that is retarded. You want to have the box as big as possible, probably around 8 cubes. This information came directly from the tech guy at RE, so it is true. Then tune the box somewhere around 55 Hz, depending on what the frequency of your car is. i think that the RE website just gives the minimum requirements... not totally sure why.

If you need anything else just ask.

Mark

the way i want to have it set up is right behind the rear seats, in a fiberglass box, and the sub will be facing up, the 2 ports on the sides. if i ever get enough money, i'll devise a way to support it but that isn't my biggest concern as of now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.