15" JL W3's?

Just wondering what the masses think about 15" JL W3's. Are they any good? What kind of box should I put them in? What would be a good amp to run them with (im thinking rockford)? Im looking mostly for a good quality, loud system. I thank you for any suggestions. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Saunders

w3 - a good sub, not the best, but a good all rounder - can take more tnan3x iuts rated power and will give both sq and spl.................can be gotten quite cheap too if u look carefuklly

3 15w3s 6 Cadence A5HCs (2 on each sub) = 168 db in a 13 cu ft enclosure facing forward in an extended cab s-10..soooo......

Whats your vehicle?

Whats the room in it?

And what are you going for? Have you ever tried using WinISD?...the above vehicle was thrown together without tuning to resonant frequency so....

Also, w3s take an amazing beating! My 12w3s rairly distort but....are pushed rather hard and get loud (and i know what that is)

Get them, port them....beat them (Competition)

For the price i think they are a very good sub....hungry for watts but not nearly as bad as other options(DD) which carry a large large price tag...

AC

I got a 98 civic HB. Im not really worried about how much space I take up, so as long as it fits, ill put it in. Also, would you recommend any other sub over the JL for the price and SQ?

BTW: thanks for the replies.

-Saunders

alpine type r, very clean and very loud, i highly reccomend them...i hit 143db with my 15 and i am also going in IASCA SQ this year as well. good spl excellent sq

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

The End

The End
Oshawa, Ont, Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
taylor