15" eclipse titanium

Participant count
  • Participant list
I also had one more question i have 2 12" 8812-6 subs that i thought were aluminum but i was reading this article that said they were titanium anyone know the real answer?? thanks heres the article

Never mind Beauty and the Beast, I think its more like this beauty is a beast, all 33 lbs. of her (are big subs guys or gals?). Regardless, Eclipse's 88150-Ti DVC dual voice coil 15-inch titanium cone subwoofer, like the 8812-6 6-ohm 12-inch titanium cone sub featured in a previous review in CAE, is a spectacular looking product. The entire line of "Professional Subwoofers" features a really great looking titanium cone that is stamped and spun out of solid titanium. After machining, these parabolic shaped single piece (no dustcap) cones are chemically treated to prevent oxidation, the logo etched across the center, and a clear coat of lacquer applied. The end result is a very highly polished cone that looks more like it's been chrome plated than it does raw titanium.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.