15" 05 XXX vs. 2 10" custom 3hp's

da box king
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Portland, MI
Well not sure of what to run for my next setup...Lookin to make somethin smaller that my hdc3 setup. Around 3-4 cubes...sealed hopefully because I want to glass a box. Want to throw 2k to the xxx or 1 k to each 3 hp. If I did the 3hp I would make some beefy 10's, I waiting to here back from PAP about reconing the 3 hps

Lookin for mid 140's and great sq.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif What should I maybe do?

I always liked beefy little subs. I only had anything bigger than a 12 once for a very short time.
I've ran my eclipse ti, and loved it. Hoping the beefy 10's if made would be similar to the ti's....anyone else?

I have some ti motors.. gonna make em into 10's myself. just waiting on my baskets:) at any rate, I say 2 10's
where ya gonna get the baskets? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I want to glass a box and I'm not too sure of how to tune a glasses box for ported
Its more difficult, but certainly doable. The hardest part is getting an accurate measurement of what your internal volume will end up being after port displacement, as this affects port geometry for tuning purposes. I believe most people just glass the box to the approx size they require (4cubes + displacement for the xxx15 for example), measure the actual size once completed (using styrofoam shipping popcorn or similar methods) and then alter the length of the port to adjust for any alterations between projected box size and actual box size. Presto, ported fiberglass box with a unique and custom shape.

What do you want to know? Sealed application, displacement rules. The single XXX 15 has more cone area, and more excursion capability. So unless you want so more people giving opinions just based on what they think would be 'cool', Im really not following what exactly you keep bumping the thread for.

What do you want to know? Sealed application, displacement rules. The single XXX 15 has more cone area, and more excursion capability. So unless you want so more people giving opinions just based on what they think would be 'cool', Im really not following what exactly you keep bumping the thread for.
yeah just seeing others opinions.

so you think I should go with the xxx...I know it will sound **** good an get down. Just wondering if it might be better than the 2 3hp? But it looks like you answered that question

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

da box king

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
da box king
Portland, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date